24 November 2022

Shopping

 

Next week is the last posting date for BFPO (British Forces Post Office) overseas parcels to arrive in time for Christmas so we are busy putting a box together for Kat and Craig who are currently stationed in Cyprus. I can't say what's going in the box because they might see the blog!

Anyway, yesterday Paul and I drove to Gainsborough with a shopping list of items to get for the box. It was absolutely bucketing down with rain so we deliberately chose the Marshall's Yard shopping centre because there is plenty of parking and the shops are easily accessible. The site was formerly the Britannia Iron Works founded in 1848 making steam engines and agricultural machines that were exported worldwide. Like many engineering companies business declined in the 1970's and the works closed in 1980 but the site's industrial heritage is apparent with the old structures refurbished and now housing shops and cafes. History lesson over.

We managed to get the things on the list and then we wandered into Next clothes store and did something we have always resisted doing in the past. We bought Christmas jumpers! I don't know what possessed us but it just had to be done I suppose. Paul's has snowmen and reindeer, mine is more understated with just has a couple of sparkly reindeer. At least they are not matching.



12 comments:

  1. Was it 'Ever decreasing circles' that a couple used to have extreme jumper matching? Long before Bridget Jones!
    Pink sparkly reindeer look very chic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Howard and Hilda - always had matching jumpers.

      Delete
  2. I've never had a xmas jumper - not sure if I should feel sad or not.. mmm...???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone should do it at least once in their lives.

      Delete
  3. I love them!! I would wear them but would love them more in purple . . . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are both going to look so cool in your Xmas jumpers. In my humble opinion Xmas jumpers are the height of sophistication. I hope you bought one for Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah has previously succumbed so will probably recycle last year's jumper.

      Delete
  5. The holidays bring out all the traditional garb and decor. It's all in the fun of the holiday spirit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm more into mince pies and mulled wine than Xmas decor.

      Delete
  6. I do like yours, Sue. At the moment I'm pondering what to wear in the way of a festive top at our usual Christmas Day get-together. I have thought about jazzing up a plain red sweater with some of those battery-operated tiny snowflake Christmas lights!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, lights would be fun (and slightly shocking!).

      Delete