13 November 2022

Mother Hen

 

Paul has just driven Sarah to Lincoln so that she can catch the train to London. Her Australian bosses have flown into the UK for a business presentation and Sarah will be joining them for a couple of days during their brief visit, staying at a posh hotel near Marble Arch. Tonight is wining and dining, tomorrow work and then apparently a day of shopping!

Sarah has spent over a decade living and working in the centre of Sydney and it's many years since she travelled around London. She's not sure if she will take a cab or tube from King's Cross to the hotel but I gave her colour coded instructions for the Underground as it's not a direct line to Marble Arch.

Where do you keep your credit cards and phone? You need to keep them safe from pick pockets. What shoes are you wearing, the pavements kill your feet...”

Stop fussing mum, I'm 37 years old!”.



I just can't help myself.

15 comments:

  1. If you have an Apple phone you can even track them, until of course they turn you off. My daughter keeps track of her children that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tomorrow morning I am getting the bus from Kings Cross to Blackfriars. Nobody will be checking on me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just let me know when you get safely to Blackfriars.

      Delete
  3. Ha ha, ever a mum, eh! I don't like the idea of someone tracking me on their phone, kinda creepy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might have done if that kind of stuff had been around when she was a teenager.

      Delete
  4. Worrying is part of our job as mothers. It's our right. At least that is what I tell my son.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's a very thin line between worrying and nagging; Lady M is very good at the latter. I hope you made sure she had a clean handkerchief too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did actually. (Just remember that when you think Lady M is nagging she is actually worried about you!)

      Delete
  6. I was even older than your daughter and still had to give my Mum 'three rings' on THE LANDLINE to confirm that husband and I had got back home to our house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to know my daughters have arrived somewhere safely when they are travelling but it's very easy nowadays with Whats App.

      Delete
  7. Long after we were married, three rings on the landline (that's all there was in those days) were something my husband always had to give his mother too, when he arrived home, no matter where he'd been. As he was frequently away more than he was at home, it got to be rather tedious, and eventually it erupted into a confrontation (brave lad!) when she wanted him to ring from abroad too! Over protective mother was putting it mildly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds a bit OTT. I hope I never get that protective!

      Delete