6 November 2022

Left Over Pizza

 

It's a cold, damp and misty Sunday and I am glad to be cosy indoors. Paul is bemoaning the fact that our new solar panels are unable to generate any power in these conditions. I doubt they will generate anything at all this week as rain is forecast for the next few days.

This morning I groomed Rick (he enjoys this weekly ritual and often has a little snooze) and then I made yoghurt. Sarah is getting ready to meet a friend for lunch at the Cosy Club in Lincoln – a 1930's style restaurant and bar housed at the old Corn Exchange building in the historic Cornhill Quarter. Paul and I are staying at home with last night's left over cold pizza for lunch but never fear, we shall dine in style tonight when Paul is going to cook a seafood paella.

Last month we had a family lunch at the Dambusters Pub in the nearby village of Scampton. Kat and son-in-law Craig joined us. It was a special meal as they were both flying out to Cyprus a few days' later for a three month tour of duty; they will be away for Christmas. They felt very at home as the pub is full of WW2 RAF memorabilia, Our own village pub, The Crown, has a good reputation now (after a shaky start) since re-opening last year and Rick is more than happy to sit under a table in the bar next to a roaring fire while we tuck into a roast dinner.  

But right now it's time for left over pizza.  Can I have a glass of wine with that?



17 comments:

  1. It's so nice to read posts from you again. That platter looks very tempting! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenn. (I have been keeping up with everyone's blogs but my Firefox browser wouldn't allow me to comment.)

      Delete
  2. Interesting that you have come back. I missed you although I was aware of you following me on Instagram (thank you). You sort of had an early family Christmas which must have been nice to do since before you were all so widely scattered in different places. Now it sounds less so with your base being England.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stopped blogging when life got a bit too 'busy' and now I'm finding it quite hard to get back into the habit of doing it every day. But I missed my blogging buddies!

      Delete
  3. Your family dinner at the pub sounds great and it makes a nice send-off for Kate and Craig. 3 months will fly by and you'll be celebrating their return. Solar panels come in many variations which is good for us as consumers. The battery storage system works well for storing and providing energy on cloudy days. Send your rain to Massachusetts! During the day, our weather is 20-30 degrees F warmer than it should be. Nights are frequently frosty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a battery on order that will be able to keep us functioning during power cuts but there is a long wait. At least the solar panels will keep our costs down when the sun shines!

      Delete
  4. Good to see Rick (and Paul) mentioned again - I've missed your blog.
    I'm waiting for a quote for solar panels but at least the sun has been shining almost non-stop even this late into the year, and it's been up to 31ºC several days lately. What's the betting as soon as mine are installed the weather turns cloudy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to be missed! I'm hoping we get a lot of cold, sunny days this winter.

      Delete
  5. Left over pizza with a glass of red sounds good to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always been partial to a slice of cold pizza.

      Delete
  6. No you may not have a glass of wine with that! You know how squiffy it makes you in the afternoon and besides, your counsellor advised against daytime drinking!

    Nice to see you active in the blogosphere once again Sue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Impossible to eat pizza without a glass of red wine. Did you miss me Mr Pudding?

      Delete
  7. Billy comes with me to the Pub'. He too sits quietly under the table waiting to go home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to have a local pub that welcomes dogs.

      Delete
  8. welcome back. I hoped everything was fine with you.

    ReplyDelete