15 November 2022

Bullets

It's been a wet and blustery day.  I took Rick out very early (it wasn't even daylight) so that we could be back home before the rain started.  I've had a busy day with household chores so have not had the opportunity to work on the sculpture - I really need a whole clear day without interruption to work with the clay.

Paul has just collected Sarah from Lincoln after her two day trip to London; her bosses had flown in from Sydney for a series of meetings.  She came home loaded with goodies, one bag containing a selection of Australian treats.  I have requisitioned the chocolate liquorice bullets.  Chocolate and liquorice together - heaven!  Unfortunately, the jars of vegemite were confiscated by customs.



10 comments:

  1. Why would they confiscate the Vegemite? I believe it is available here so it seems pointless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I think it was the airline that confiscated it - probably thought it looked a bit explosive.

      Delete
  2. Never mind the Vegemite - at least they left the chocolates!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just eaten one - they are so morerish.

      Delete
  3. They confiscate a savoury spread but not a bag filled with bullets! It really is a mad world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely. Liquorice filled bullets too!

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you got your chocolates. For many years (prior to Covid) we brought things back-and-forth from US to UK (and UK to US) and nobody said anything. Maybe it was because everything was checked with the baggage. Customs waved us through with no check.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not keen on Vegemite anyway but I think it was Sarah's request.

      Delete
  5. Oddly enough Vegemite is classed as liquid as is Marmite and has to be in your checked in bags.

    ReplyDelete