15 May 2016

The Good Life



A beautiful sunny morning so I squeezed myself into my gel bottomed black cycling onesie (it’s very comfortable) and joined my cycling buddy for an hour’s ride out.  It was a good ride although the wildlife was hiding and we only saw one solitary green woodpecker.



After lunch I found a sheltered spot in the courtyard to indulge in a spot of reading.  I usually bring a pile of paperbacks from the UK but this year I’m relying on my Kindle.  It’s not quite the same, I miss turning the pages.  I’m reading a book called Living Danishly about a British journalist and her husband living in Denmark for a year.  I’m a bit disappointed, too many facts and statistics and carefully worded anecdotes.  Apparently Denmark is the happiest country in the world.  Maybe because they have a short working day and play with Lego.





Picked my first strawberries today.  Some garden critter seems to be nibbling them, I don’t think it’s slugs so must be mice or birds. 



Tonight I cooked Ludi’s Chicken.  It’s a Greek recipe, chicken stuffed with lemons and drizzled with thyme, lemon juice, wholegrain mustard and olive oil and roasted with potatoes, onions, garlic and wine. It’s so easy and then I place the dish straight on the table from the oven for everyone to help themselves.  Leftovers tomorrow will be a delicious chicken curry.


7 comments:

  1. My onesie is a white poodle suit and the tail would interfere with the saddle.
    It's mainly saved for chilly winter nights like this last week.
    Ludi did well. how do you manage to have leftovers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only the two of us last night so plenty of chicken left.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you and I have the same recipe book. That's my standard/favourite way to roast a Chicken. Delicious; and of course the curry afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lemons just seem to add an extra zing. (The curry was good too!)

      Delete
  4. I have only recently started eating chicken again after a break of many years. We have found a source of organic ones and flavour reminds me of those my mother used to cook. Shall bear in mind your recipe - thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it because everything is roasted in the same pan for the same amount of time. Lazy cooking!

      Delete
  5. That chicken dish looks absolutely moreish Penny.

    ReplyDelete