16 August 2018

F is for Failure


F is for failure.  Even my stylish lycra couldn’t help me get up the hills today.  I suffered the ignominy of having to get off my bike and push it this morning.  Oh the shame.

F is for foolish.  Foolish for thinking that I could maintain my fitness levels when this was only the second time out cycling this year.

F is for flies.  Pesky critters gathering around my head every time I slowed down or stopped.

F is for fabulous.  I tried roasting some plums tonight to accompany our pork chops, they caraemlised perfectly and were delicious!  The roasted vegetables were good too.




13 comments:

  1. Hey, at least you got out there and biked! More than most can say. That tray of roasted vegetables looks so good! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just couldn't believe how hard it was.

      Delete
  2. F is for friends is an important one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks very tasty. I haven`t been on my bike in two years - it has a flat (at least that`s my excuse).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We used to cycle almost every day in summer so I used to be quite fit.

      Delete
  4. You won’t believe me, but sometimes, on this windswept island, I have to get off and push DOWNHILL...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha-ha, that's funny. I hate cycling in the wind.

      Delete
  5. I see Rick's eyeing-up the vegs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was sulking because there wasn't any rice or pasta for him.

      Delete
  6. I love doing roast veg. I usually put a drizzle of honey on, along with the oil. Have you tried adding beetroot?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do sometimes. Always end up with far too much to eat!

      Delete
  7. F is for Fanks. Fanks for sharing these bits of information about your life in Thrance.

    ReplyDelete