9 October 2017

Rain Stops Play



I have been deliberately waiting for an overcast day to paint the garden gates, apparently it’s not good to paint in bright sunshine.  Today was the day.  I tied my hair back, put on an old overall and went outside.  I carefully washed off all the bird poop and mud splatter from the metal gates, opened the tin of black Hammerite, picked up my brush... and then it started to rain.

The French meteo did not forecast any rain today but the mist and drizzle is rolling in from the West.  It is wet and dismal. We have all retreated indoors.  I will try again tomorrow.


12 comments:

  1. First rain here to day, i am happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I expect it's very welcome in your part of the world Yael.

      Delete
  2. Paint on hot sunny days. Do not paint on humid days. Whoever told you not to paint in bright sunshine is talking rubbish. I hope the rain soon stops for you and you can get on with the gates. Otherwise just leave them as they are and they will last forever anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sun can be very fierce here in high summer but it's probably safe to paint in sunshine at this time of year. I shall tell Paul he is talking rubbish!

      Delete
  3. We were a little shocked by the rain too. That wine we bought of Saturday is a bit rough! I hope he has some better stuff hidden away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I must be getting used to the rough stuff - I thought it was okay!

      Delete
  4. Is it Nate? The rain? Well, better luck tomorrow, in any case. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't ask his name but no, I think it was just some low cloud rolling in. It's cleared up again this evening.

      Delete
  5. Lovely photo, it looks like a painting.
    Greetings Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meteo sounds like the name of a circus performer who would have been shot nightly from a cannon. The cannon would have been pained with black Hammerite by a blonde bombshell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meteo is more like a clown, he can never get the forecast correct.

      Delete