27 October 2017

Experimenting with Peanut Butter




The salad stuff has just about finished in the garden now so today we had tomato and lentil soup with some crusty French bread for lunch.  I don’t know about you but if I eat too much bread at lunch time I feel a bit bleugh  afterwards.  I pigged out today and sure enough I felt bleugh.  Of course it may have been due to the second glass of red wine.  After eating we watched Bargain Hunt and I fell asleep during the auction which is the best part of the programme.

This afternoon I started clearing out my cupboards and I discovered a half empty jar of peanut butter (left over from the girls’ visit) and some cooking chocolate.  I found a recipe for some cookies so I added the chocolate, some extra peanuts, sugar and one egg and hey presto made some peanut butter cookies.  Needless to say they look nothing like the ones in the recipe.


They don't look anything like the ones in the recipe photo

14 comments:

  1. When you get come home best cook Jamie's chocolate cookies only 5 ingredients!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll go back to my tried and trusted rock cakes!

      Delete
  2. Who cares what they look like, as long as they taste good !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love peanut butter, cookies, who cares what they look like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just pleased to find a way to use the jar up.

      Delete
  4. I was just wondering what to have for my breakfast this morning (in about 1 hr). I've now plumped for Peanut Butter on toast. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't read this at all because I detest peanut butter. The biscuit picture looks like my mother's rock buns. They weren't made with peanut butter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like peanut butter in its raw form. The cookies taste okay though.

      Delete
  6. Is "bleugh" a medical term that you acquired during your Florence Nightingale years? Your biscuits look more err... substantial than the wafer thin recipe picture versions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Bleugh' was the term we used for hangovers the day after a doctors and nurses party. My biscuits are the rustic version.

      Delete
  7. peanut butter cookies are SO good!

    ReplyDelete