21 April 2016

Glorious Apple Muffins



I can never resist a bargain.  So I just had to buy the huge budget bag of apples from the supermarket last week.  They’ve been sitting in the fruit bowl gathering dust ever since.  It’s raining here today so I decided to do some baking and found a recipe on line for Glorious Apple Muffins (you can almost hear the trumpet fanfare).  Now, I’m not much of a baker and usually stick to making a monthly batch of rock cakes.  You can’t go wrong with rock cakes.  (I opted for Latin and Classical Studies at school instead of Domestic Science.  I can conjugate the verb ‘to love’ very well in Latin.)

My Glorious Apple Muffins have just come out of the oven and sadly look like very humble apple pancakes.  Maybe they’ll taste OK.


3 comments:

  1. I suspect that they will taste OK you may even be asked to make more - the ultimate test.
    With just one year of secondary school Latin (58 yrs ago) I can still do Amo, Amas, Amat and parrot Three Blind Mice in Latin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They didn't taste too bad, a bit too much bicarb I think. I might give them another go as they were quite easy to make. sic friat crustulum


      Delete
  2. I once had to conjugate the verb to flee, fugere, in front of the class. Somewhere I managed to change the g to a c towards the end.

    ReplyDelete