15 April 2020

Job's A Good'un



Yesterday morning I had a sudden spurt of energy and decided to paint the skirting board and door surrounds in the bedroom.  Paul looked a bit dubious but fetched me the brushes, paint, dust sheet, etc. from the garage.

 “Make sure you mask everything off properly and don’t forget to have a bowl of warm, soapy water to wipe down the paint guard as you go.”
“Yes dear.”
“Be careful you don’t get any paint on the wallpaper or carpet.”
“No dear, leave me to it, I’ll be fine.”

I sanded the old paintwork down, hoovered up the dust, wiped it and carefully masked off the area to be painted.  It was quite tricky getting down low on the floor, my knees don’t bend like they used to.  It was while I was trying to get into a comfortable position that somehow I managed to move backwards and, quite elegantly, sit in the bowl of warm, soapy water.  The bowl tipped over and I was completely soaked.  So was the carpet.

I screamed and cursed.  Paul came into the bedroom, calmly picked up a paintbrush and did the job.  Perfect.




19 comments:

  1. Oh you silly billy! I hope that there was no residual paint from the shield in the soapy water. Paul sounds like a very patient fellow - chilled out like a Buddhist monk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't got to the stage of actually painting so the water was still clean. Paul has the patience of a saint.

      Delete
  2. Oh Sue and wouldn't he feel smug while he did it. Sounds lime the sort of trick I would do - if I get down I have no means of getting up. Hope the carpet is drying out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Long suffering rather than smug. The carpet is still damp.

      Delete
  3. Sorry - I obvioualy mean like not lime!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stick to line dancing in the kitchen is my suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Paul would probably agree with you.

      Delete
  5. Did you plan that to happen? Seems like a happy conclusion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had good intentions to do the job myself. Honest!

      Delete
  6. These things happen. At least we all got a shot of Paul’s bum out of it. So all is well. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He made a better job of it than I would.

      Delete
  7. Whenever my wife threatens something similar, I understand that it really is a 'threat', and I do it myself without any further question.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry....I had to laugh ! Love your wallpaper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was trying so hard to do it all properly and diligently.

      Delete
  9. Love it when a plan comes together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you're not suggesting I would ever plan such a thing!

      Delete