7 December 2022

Cold Moon

 

I trod very carefully when I took Rick out this morning, it was frosty and icy and I didn't want to slip over. We went out very early and it was barely light but I was rewarded by the most glorious moon set. It was an enormous orange and red globe just disappearing behind the horizon. Apparently it's a Full Cold Moon tonight.


I've been using up the remainder of the clay that was left over from the King's Head. Here are some teaser photos. Unfortunately my latest creation has been compromised because I have run out of clay. There is a danger that my home is going to be full of misshapen, rather dodgy looking sculptures but at least they are unique.




All will be revealed soon.




10 comments:

  1. A horse, a horse, my kingdom for a horse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Possibly a Reindeer for the garden

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Christ. And there was me thinking you were making little ornaments for the mantle piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you see the result you might wonder why I didn't!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. That is just what I imagined too Chris. Not Lion Rampant as in heraldry but Rick Rampant as in Susan's Lincolnshire village.

      Delete
  5. Sunrise is a special time and can be very picturesque. Ice on walkways is treacherous; be very careful on those frosty morning walks with Rick. I will look forward to the big reveal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unless it's another slip of the hand on a head it has to be Rudolph not Rick.

    ReplyDelete