30 October 2021

What on earth have you bought now?

 

“What on earth have you bought now?”

I had just returned home after my Friday morning dance session and there was a rather large parcel waiting for me.

“I’ve bought a bear,” I replied.

I unwrapped the parcel to reveal a beautiful faux bear skin throw. 

“Don’t you think you’ve got enough of those things around the house?”

The truth is I can never have enough fur throws and sheepskin rugs in my home, I am addicted to them.  I almost bought a reindeer skin rug for the new wood floor but decided it would just moult too much.

I played my trump card.  “Sarah will need it when she comes home, she will feel the cold.”

Yes, my daughters are coming home for Christmas!!!  Sarah has booked a flight from Sydney to Manchester and, all being well, will be arriving home in December for a three week stay.  Kat has also managed to book leave and will be driving up from Brize Norton to spend the holidays with us.  Three years since we were all together; I’m hoping it will be a very merry Christmas.

Meanwhile the bear is looking very good in my bedroom…


 

 

 

22 comments:

  1. Perhaps Paul could dress up in the fake bear skin and chase you around the house saying "GRRRRRR!" as bears are wont to do. You could be Goldilocks.

    Great news that your daughters will be with you at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who's been eating my porridge?

      Delete
    2. I'd be more inclined to wonder about who's sleeping in my bed...

      Delete
  2. Oh clearly Australia is letting people out. That's good news for you all. Great bear rug to warm all the family toes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Borders are due to re-open in November. I really had not expected Sarah to make it home for Christmas so this is a wonderful surprise.

      Delete
  3. That bear skin would not leave my sofa or my bedroom!
    Is it really only three years since you were all together, time has flown by....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time does pass so very quickly although it's been a long time since we last saw Sarah.

      Delete
  4. I love that bear and rather fancy my feet cuddled up in it as I watch Strictly tonight - my feet get freezing cold and then take a long time to warm up in bed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I caught the tail end of Strictly tonight, it all seemed very theatrical. Sometimes I wish they would concentrate more on the dancing.

      Delete
  5. Oh "yes" to anything warm and fur makes it all the better. Christmas will be perfect with Sarah and Kat home with you and Paul. Your daughters can enjoy all your beautifully newly renovated spaces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Winter is almost upon us so a bit of fur seems appropriate.

      Delete
  6. I am excited to meet the bear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will be able to snuggle up with him on the sofa. Rick will probably join you.

      Delete
  7. What a lovely Christmas present for you to have the whole family together. I had a fake polar bear skin at one time but not as lovely as your furry bear skin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely the best present I could wish for.

      Delete
  8. Christmas with the whole family around you - what wonderful news. Isn't Sarah's fiancé coming too? I seem to remember she announced her engagement not so long ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately Chris will have to stay behind to look after Buster, their new rescue dog.

      Delete
    2. That's more important than meeting the prospective in-laws!

      Delete
  9. We have a similar one! So cozy! We even named it ‘Count Orloff’.

    ReplyDelete