4 May 2021

Everyday Stuff

 

I love a bargain so we snapped up the Shower Gel three for one offer when we were doing our on-line supermarket shop.  I had to giggle when we were unpacking our delivery to discover three tiny travel size gels.  Should have checked the bottle sizes!  At some point we will venture back out to the supermarket but on-lining shopping has made us quite lazy, it’s so easy just doing the weekly shop from the comfort of your armchair. 

 


The weather remains unseasonably cold for this time of year.  Our bicycles are still covered up in the garage so we are trying to keep fit with our line dancing.  This should really come with a health warning - two days ago Paul got a bit carried away doing the Jerusalema and fell over the dog.  Rick is okay but Paul has now got a very painful wrist.  My dancing sessions resume at the village hall later this month but my husband is not going to accompany me!

 

When I was pulling a few weeds out earlier in the week I found this poppy head skeleton.  I was fascinated at the delicacy of its structure and couldn’t resist bringing it indoors and painting the poppy with some glittery varnish.  

 


Kangeroo Steve thinks it's quite exquisite!

 Yes, I really do need to get out more.



 

28 comments:

  1. How creative to use the poppy head in that way - it looks inspired - you are clever... even if you did get the shower gel wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. No, he's brave and fearless as ever.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Steve had his paws out just waiting for a gift.

      Delete
  4. Tuesday is my shopping day. I noticed this morning that Leclerc had some Sharwood's Mango Chutney; so I bought the lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How many jars did you buy?

      Delete
    2. 3. That's all they had. They may never have it again!

      Delete
  5. I love the poppy head. It inspires me to plant some poppies in with the lupins. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the big oriental poppies, they would look good with lupins.

      Delete
  6. I love your skeleton poppy head I often find skeleton leaves under my magnolia bush they are so delicate. Isn't nature truly marvelous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mother Nature is a wonderful artist.

      Delete
  7. The poppy head is beautiful. Have you seen Celestine and the Hare's Lightbringers? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just looked it up - what magical creations and writing!

      Delete
  8. Lovely chatty, newsy post today - just right for a wet day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pat, I'm glad you enjoyed reading it.

      Delete
  9. You do look on the bright side of all your experiences. Hope Paul can see the funny side of his little "accident".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He didn't think it was very funny at the time!

      Delete
  10. The poppy head is a lovely find and the glitter varnish makes it pop. Sounds like Rick wanted to step in to the dance party. I hope Paul's wrist heals quickly. It sounds sore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rick always wants to join in when we dance.

      Delete
  11. Poor Paul - it's so easy to get carried away when dancing!
    What a delightful find Celestine and the Hare's Lightbringers is, and just the thing to cheer on a dreary day.
    The poppy head is an inspiration, and something Steve's paws have been crying out for ever since you made him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was just the perfect fit for Steve's little paws.

      Delete
  12. I love the addition to your sculpture. I am always noticing nature and how amazing the details are. Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just fascinated by the delicate and intricate structure of the poppy, it's like a miniature cage.

      Delete
  13. Travel Gel and you can't even go on holiday!
    Love the poppy head, clever you.
    Paul I thought I was the one that always fell over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was more worried about Rick getting squashed!

      Delete
  14. Just read that you had been planning to go to the Farmers' Market in Gainsborough - my father was born there.

    ReplyDelete