2 July 2018

Hot Weather


It is easy to stay cool in our French house in hot weather with the thick stone walls, terracotta floor and shutters on every window.  Occasionally we switch on the air conditioning unit to chill things down a bit.  Here in our English flat it is much harder to keep cool and the heat is oppressive, not a great time to be packing boxes.

We waited until the evening before taking Rick out for a walk in the cooler air.  There were a lot of people and dog walkers about on the estate.  I spotted a lady with two small dogs.

“They’re pugs aren’t they?” I said to Paul.
“No, they’re scouts.”
“Scouts?”
“Yes, they’re not punks, those boys are wearing scout uniforms.”
“I said pugs, not punks!”

It must be the heat.


10 comments:

  1. We've just come back from Crete and it feels far hotter here - mainly because our house here isn't good for hot weather - carpets etc! Hope your packing goes well!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feels a bit cooler this morning but I'm sure it will get hotter as the day goes on.

      Delete
  2. 'Pugs' is a good alternative word for 'Punks'. I think he's onto something!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Rick in the heat with his fur coat.
    Greetings Maria x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I need to buy him a cooling mat from the pet shop.

      Delete
  4. Don't SpecSavers do hearing tests now as well as eyes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's usually me who mis-hears things.

      Delete