19 October 2019

The Big Prize


Thursday night was quiz night at the village hall.  It was a very convivial evening, helped along by the two bottles of wine on our table.  Kat is home this week so she joined our group and was definitely an asset when it came to identifying Games of Thrones actors. Unfortunately it wasn’t enough to bring our score up high enough to win.  I was just chuffed by the fact that I guessed correctly the name of the group that sang Don’t Leave Me This Way back in 1986.  Didn’t have a clue though naming the three daughters of King Lear. I wonder what that says about me!

Kat is off to Cyprus for her next posting in November; she will be away for three months.  I shall therefore forgive her for choosing a giant marrow with our winning raffle ticket instead of wine or chocolate.  Stuffed marrow anyone?


16 comments:

  1. I now have that song in my head. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. I'm going to be singing it all evening! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. " This soft oversized courgette can be stuffed, roasted, slow-cooked, used in chutneys or grated". I had to google Marrow, and that's what i found.I am sure you know better than me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love courgettes but we usually throw them on the compost heap as soon as they reach marrow size.

      Delete
  4. I adore marrow cut into rings, seeded and peeled and then stuffed with sausage meat and onion and roasted - do try it if you have kept the marrow. It is delicious

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might try it but I have bad memories of childhood marrow.

      Delete
  5. I cut it in half lengthwise, stuff it with rice/chopped meat/creme soup & bake in foil. Sprinkle grated cheese on top just before serving. So nice on a cold day. I like the creme of Chicken soup the best with ground Pork.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would make her take it to Cyprus !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she has Halloween ideas for it.

      Delete
  7. Don't let her leave the table until she's eaten every last bit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Goneril, Reagan and Cordelia...I hope you won't mind me asking this Sue but what does your Kat do in the RAF? Is she a fighter pilot? That marrow would feed an entire RAF squadron.

    ReplyDelete