2 March 2018

Snowdog






The snow arrived yesterday, only a couple of inches but enough to create chaos on the roads.  This morning everything looked white and pristine.  Ice and more snow are due this afternoon.  I joined Paul and Rick this morning for a walk across the fields.  It wasn’t too slippery underfoot so I didn’t have to walk like a penguin. Rick seems to love the snow and became super excited, racing about and launching himself into the air. I tried to take some photos but my fingers froze as soon as I removed my gloves.  The wind chill factor was extreme.

Poor Rick had lumps of ice in his paws when we got home so we had to dunk his legs into some warm water to thaw him out.  I wonder where we could buy some doggy boots?




10 comments:

  1. Doggy boots? You can get anything at Amazon. But why does Rick need boots as he seems capable of flight?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was so excited by the snow he was literally launching himself into the air.

      Delete
  2. He does seem to be enjoying himself. Love to see him in some cowboy boots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've been strangely without snow for a while here in Ontario (almost unheard of), but our long haired cat often comes in from the snowy outdoors with little ice balls attached to the fur between his toes. He sounds like he is wearing tiny tap shoes. Rick looks like he could adapt quite well to a snowy climate! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ice gets stuck between his pads and I worry about him getting ice burn. I expect the snow will be gone by Monday, it's very rare for Wiltshire to get any.

      Delete
  4. Doggy boots - try Miscota or Amazon.
    Good to know he's enjoying the snow, even if the rest of the UK aren't !

    ReplyDelete
  5. My cats are enjoying the snow, Thomas has even been rolling over in it, spinning as we call it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are funny aren't they? I was watching my neighbour's big fluffy cat doing that in their garden.

      Delete