18 March 2018

Long Winter


The snow fell again overnight and we awoke to a wintery scene this morning, all the daffodils and Spring flowers are covered by a thick blanket of snow.  I’m still suffering from a nasty cold virus so Paul took Rick out for his morning walk.  It was very quiet with little traffic about so Paul took him over to his favourite field to run free, he had a wonderful time. 

I stayed at home with a bowl of steaming water and a towel over my head.  I hope the summer gets here soon.

It seems strange to see Salisbury constantly in the news headlines, it will forever now be linked to Russian spies and nerve agent attacks.  For me Salisbury is the beautiful city (more market town than city) that I adopted as my home in my mid twenties. It’s the place where I met Paul, got married and where Sarah and Kat were born. I bought my first home in Salisbury and worked in the city for many years.  It seems incredible that something like this has happened in such a quiet and idyllic corner of Wiltshire.



15 comments:

  1. Yes, you are quite right. It will mark the town forever.
    Hope the cold is soon better. We are under deep snow again here and it is drifting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The snow has already melted here on the roads and pathways, very slushy now. Hope it doesn't freeze overnight.

      Delete
  2. Skripal will always be Salisbury I suppose, as Markov will always be umbrella although I think Markov will always be the most memorable, so far at least.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Markov wasn't as messy.

      Delete
    2. Depends how you are defining messy. We are making it more messy by the day.

      Delete
  3. That's a wonderful photo of Rick.

    I hope your cold goes away soon, and the winter, too. If I could, I would send you some of the mild South Carolina sunshine beaming into my window right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He blends in well with the black and white wintry countryside. Yes please, send me some of your sunshine!

      Delete
  4. Rick seems to get hansomer by the day. Hhe's a very happy dog!
    Get well soon Sue; it's horrible to breath through your mouth with tissues stuck up your nostrils!
    Greetings Maria xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha-ha, it's really not a good look for me!

      Delete
  5. I hope you are feeling better soon Sue or should I say Susky?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shab be habbier when I can breathe through by dose again.

      Delete
  6. I've now done my first mowing of the year; and it needed it. Tell Paul to expect to be cutting hay by the time you get back. Hope your cold soon goes; horrible things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's going to be tough taming the garden again by the time we get back.

      Delete
  7. Yes Salisbury will be remembered for this for a while, shame, but your memories will always be happy ones.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's distressing that anywhere in the UK should be remembered for something straight out of a Bond movie.
    Sorry to hear about your cold, Sue, hope you are soon feeling better.
    Fine sunny day here, no snow of course, but it's only 6ÂșC outside. Glad of the pellet stove !

    ReplyDelete