3 January 2018

Hiatus


When can we go back to France, I don't like this English weather



I slept like a log last night and didn’t hear the howling wind or the rain beating against the windows.  I was quite surprised to look out of the window this morning and see half the fences in the neighbourhood down.  A large picture frame had been blown from someone’s bin and lay smashed to pieces in the courtyard.  Elsewhere a ridge tile has been blown from a roof.  We are certainly experiencing some wild weather at the moment.



I am experiencing a post Christmas/New Year hiatus.  Paul has just made the last batch of mince pies.  We have relatives visiting on Monday so I’m thinking about making another Whisky Dundee Cake.  Kat goes back to base this afternoon but will be back here again at the weekend.  Sarah is dreaming of sunshine and surf, she has another week with us.  I am reduced to blogging about the weather.


12 comments:

  1. Wild weather here too, they're predicting snow for us, SNOW. This is the Deep South, by the ocean, we're semi-tropical it shouldn't snow. Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our weather is pretty tame compared to some parts of the world. Snow in the Deep South? Wow!

      Delete
  2. Up here in North Yorkshire we seem to have missed the worst of the storm. Today it is alternately pouring with rain and sunny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I slept through the worst of it but battled against the wind this afternoon on Rick's walk.

      Delete
  3. We've had the occasional high winds which have stripped the plants of their flowers and leaves, leaving rather a mess everywhere. Otherwise it's been beautiful weather these last few days - warm and sunny. Haven't needed a coat on the dog walk, and this evening we've played outdoors with Inca's new Kong !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We haven't tried Rick with a Kong yet, I'm not sure he would know what to do with it.

      Delete
    2. Well, I wasn't sure if Inca would either. I filled it with kibble when I left her on Christmas Day, and have done again, when I've left her alone at home. They are great fun, and she loves to chase it. If you throw it or roll along the ground, it bounces all over the place which adds to the interest. She's neglected her much loved tennis balls in favour of it.

      Delete
  4. I was feeling pretty windy myself after all those brussel sprouts. What a lovely photo of Monsieur Rick! He looks so quizzical.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely here. I opened the pool yesterday and we spent the day swimming. BBQ in the evening, and we sat out in the warmth until the early hours. I must remember to buy some more Ambre Solaire.

    ReplyDelete