5 September 2021

New Chain

 

Summer has returned!  It was a perfect morning for cycling – sunshine and just a light breeze.  We did a 40 km circuit riding along the western edge of the Lincolnshire Wolds.  Rather than climbing the steep hill up to Nettleton Top we rode along the quiet country roads at the bottom through the pretty villages of Claxby and Holton le Moor.  Some of the local place names made me chuckle – Boggle Lane and Bunny Hill Farm. 

Paul put a new chain on my bike a couple of days ago.  I cannot believe the difference it makes, I’m just flying along now and my bike has stopped rattling.  I had never realised that an old chain can make pedalling so much harder.  Apart from checking my tyres and polishing my saddle I leave all the bike maintenance to Paul, just another of his jobs to keep me happy!

Tomorrow I have art club, a gathering of local people at the village hall.  I was reluctant to re-start my painting (I don’t like to commit to a regular activity) but a friend was keen for me to accompany her.  It’s a very relaxed atmosphere there and the biscuits are good so I shall keep going for a while, just messing around with cutesy animals and birds until I feel more adventurous.

 


 

 

 

31 comments:

  1. A 40 km ride through lovely villages with a fully renewed chain sounds great. Your painting is excellent. Painting with friendly people and enjoying the biscuits sounds good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, I love the puffin. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That puffin is delightful
    I would seriously pay for such a watercolour xxx
    It would lovely on my art wall

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like John I ewLLY smire your puffin.
    My first husband had seven sisters - two if them lived in Claxby and one in Nettleton.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Puffins are my second-favourite birds; after Herons. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. I think he turned out quite well, I enjoyed painting him.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. I would need a model of a werebear, although I guess Rick could be a likely candidate.

      Delete
  8. Excellent painting, Sue - you've made a very good start.
    I miss my painting companions these days. Having company made such a difference and their constructive advice was always helpful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not very good at motivating myself to paint.

      Delete
  9. I wish I could do a cutesy like that. I'm about to paint the new swingy bit that is the entrance to the loft.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh susan
    Susan you have made a lovely day even better
    It’s arrived and I adore it
    Thank you
    Please send me your address
    Jxx.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sue I came over from John's channel after I saw your gorgeous Puffin . Do you take commissions ? I would love another one like this, or even a print

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's a one off. I'm an amateur artist, just dabbling with paints. Who knows what I might do next though!

      Delete
  12. Hello Sue, came over from John's blog. What a wonderful painting such a happy and unusual sweet bird.
    Hope Rick is having fun with his toys !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rick is totally smitten with Mister Bunny and his tennis balls.

      Delete
  13. I also saw that your puffin has made it over to John. What a lovely gift from you and it will have a good home with John.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he will look good in John's cottage.

      Delete
  14. I thought I recognised that puffin! How very kind of you to send it to John in Trelawnyd. It's a really good painting too. I am looking forward to seeing more examples of your creativity and patience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice that he will be on display rather than hidden in my art folder.

      Delete
  15. Love the puffin and good biscuits are a must in any activity!

    ReplyDelete