18 May 2017

Leave the eyebrows out of it



I cut Paul’s hair this morning.  I forgot to trim his eyebrows so Paul decided to do it himself.  He didn't put the comb back on the trimmers and he is now sporting a new look – sans eyebrows.  I have been forbidden to blog about it, hence the title.

We had a Skype session this morning with Sarah and Buddy in Sydney, Australia.  First thing Sarah said, “Streuth Dad, what’s happened to your eyebrows?”  Okay, I admit she didn’t actually use the word streuth.

Skype is a wonderful thing, especially as I can’t hear too well and tend to avoid using telephones wherever possible.  We chatted for nearly two hours, it was almost as if they were in the room with us.  If only we could reach out of the screen and touch.  Buddy came and said hello after he had finished chewing his vegan pig’s ear.

It’s a misty, drizzly day here.  I pulled something pre-cooked out of the freezer earlier on.  For someone who is supposedly well organised I never bother to label freezer meals; sometimes I just like to live dangerously.  Looks like it might be a chicken curry.  We had chicken curry two days ago in the UK.

I have my tax return to do this afternoon.  Oh joy.


21 comments:

  1. Buddy's eyebrows look as though they could do with a little trim - but don't let Paul do it !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am finding living alone very odd - I don't seem to need to buy any food - just to use up what is in the fridge and freezer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will take you ages to use up everything in the freezer. We have some very odd meals when I'm running the freezer down at the end of the summer.

      Delete
  3. Skype looks great. I have never used it. I remember the days of people emigrating to Oz almost or entirely never to be seen or heard from again. I sent off for the £10 application when I was 12.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I'd gone when I was 12. (I used to think that Australia was just the other side of the English Channel when I was a kid.)

      Delete
  4. So many wonderful ways of staying in touch these days. When Sally went to the UK for 5 years there were no mobile phones. We worried a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Years ago there was just the occasional, expensive 'phone call. It must have been very hard for families.

      Delete
  5. Will Paul's eyebrows grow back? I hope so. We left the UK on our wedding day (well, the day after). We came back for a holiday 2 years later but couldn't wait to leave again. The weather had a lot to do with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt Sarah will ever want to leave Oz, she loves her life out there. Nice for her but sad for us.

      Delete
  6. Isn't skype great? We use it sometimes to chat with our daughter when she's away at university. Shaved off his eyebrows, did he? Hmmm. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Skype is wonderful for staying in touch with far flung family and friends,and it's free!

      Delete
  7. That's a very clear picture; maybe I need a better laptop. A couple of caterpillars and some glue should do the job (temporarily).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our Skype connection seems to have improved immensely over the last few months.

      Delete
  8. BUDDY!! I've missed hearing about that cutie!

    Poor guy, eating vegan pig ears. What on earth do they make them from?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bet that is Vegan wine (accompanies well with vegan pig ears) that Buddy is saying cheers to you with.
    Greetings Maria x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they do buy vegan wine. Fortunately it tastes as good as the other stuff.

      Delete
  10. Surely you have an eyebrow pencil to attend to Paul's bald brow? If you raise them up in the middle - in a kind of hump - he will look permanently startled. Failing that he could wear a Fred Flintstone mask until his eyebrows grow back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to get the eyebrow pencil out and give him a Scousebrow.

      Delete