25 May 2017

Hypotension




It is hot and sunny and I’m having a very lazy day.  I’ve been stretched out on my lounger in the shade swatting flies and reading Stephen King.  Nothing like a bit of horror to stop me from dozing off.  I’ve finally come indoors to cool off and get away from the sparrows endless chatter.

Paul is also having a quiet day.  Yesterday he felt quite unwell during our bicycle ride which he put down to low blood sugar. (At least I managed to keep up with him for a change.)  He has also been feeling tired for the past couple of days so I told him to check his blood pressure.  He has to take tablets daily for high blood pressure, these normally keep his readings at a healthy 120/70.  Yesterday his reading was 90/55.  No wonder he’s been feeling tired and dizzy!

This is what I call the French Living effect.  Quite often we have to halve his dose during the summer (the tablets conveniently break in two); I can only put it down to the exercise and healthy living out here.  Conversely I suffer from chronic low blood pressure.  It really isn’t the wine that makes me tired and dizzy all the time, honest.


19 comments:

  1. I have the same problem in the summer. I stop taking my pills altogether or feel like a zombie. Keep up the healthy living.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have probably been able to match you with heat today - my car dashboard showed thirty this afternoon. Luckily a gentle breeze has sprung up in the past hour or so

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to have a bit of a breeze when it's hot.

      Delete
  3. Our loft is 34C and a bit too warm to stay up there for more than a few minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good thing Nurse Sue is at hand. 24 degrees here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He takes his own blood pressure!

      Delete
    2. You said you told him to take his blood pressure. Blood pressure reading interpretations mean nothing to me so I assumed your nursey side came into play.

      Delete
    3. I don't know why she went all coy about being a nurse.

      Delete
  5. Mine goes down in the summer too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's interesting to hear that others are affected in summer time.

      Delete
  6. Sorry to hear that you both have issues with blood pressure. The only good thing is that you know about it. As you know, many sufferers only find out when crises strike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Low blood pressure is good, apparently I'm going to live until I'm 150 years old.

      Delete
  7. I need to drop about 20 lbs. so I can lower my bp medicine. 40 lbs., and I could probably stop it altogether. ;) Hi! new to your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Silver Willow! Good luck with the weight loss.

      Delete
  8. Mr Him has been told he has high blood pressure. I have low to the extent I have to warn anesthetists when I have an operation.

    ReplyDelete