7 May 2017

Browned Off





The last few days we have been busy sorting and packing our daughter’s possessions ready for storage in our garage.  Finally the last box was packed yesterday, although we still have several bags to take to the charity shop.

I found all sorts of abandoned treasures in Kat’s bathroom cabinet.  Paul tried to put them  in the rubbish bag but I wrestled some Kate Moss body lotion, expensive face creams and shampoos from him and put them in my bag.  For the last two mornings, just before we rushed out of the house, I applied some of the L’Oreal moisturiser  (for summer protection) to my face.  It was very rich and smooth, just the job.

Although we have enjoyed some lovely sunshine for the past few weeks I always wear a hat or sit in the shade to avoid any sun damage to my ageing skin so I tend to normally be quite pale.  This morning when I looked in the mirror I looked decidedly brown. I was puzzled.  Then the penny dropped.  I retrieved the ‘moisturiser’ from my bag and had a closer look. Oops, I should have got my spectacles and read the small print. It's a self tanning lotion.

Paul and Kat think it’s hilarious.  They say I will probably go darker by the end of the week.
 


At least the cucumbers are thriving.  We will probably be picking cucumbers before we manage to escape back to France again.  (If Marine le Pen gets elected tonight I probably won't be allowed back into the country.)




20 comments:

  1. Loved the idea of misreading the tanning lotion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was too lazy to get my glasses and read the label, I just thought it was moisturiser!

      Delete
  2. "Brown girl in the ring, tra la la la laa" - Boney M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "She looks like the sugar in a plum"

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. "Show me your motion
      Tra la la la la"

      On second thoughts, please don't show me your motion!

      Delete
  3. This totally freaks me out you doing your daughter's packing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has to be done, she has tenants moving in shortly. I'd rather not be doing it.

      Delete
    2. It's just that from the age of 10 I wouldn't let my mother near my things, that's all!

      Delete
  4. Oh my. I'll bet your daughter had a good laugh over that. Glad to hear you are done the packing and clearing out. Time to relax today? -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Day off today but a busy week ahead with removal company, carpet fitters, cleaning etc.

      Delete
  5. That's funny, I do like L'Oreal moisturizers so I'd probably have used your daughters without looking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An easy mistake but I should have known better.

      Delete
  6. Well, you'll have a "head" start when you get back to France !
    Surely you'll be able to get back in again after the election results?
    An English friend of a friend, who has had a house in Florida for over thirty years, and regularly wintered there, was stopped from entering the States in January. Based on the amount of time she has spent there in the past, according to the new administration she has had her 90 days allowance, and will not be allowed back in until 2019 at the earliest !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just joking but you never know after what happened in the US. That's awful about your friend in Florida, absolutely crazy.

      Delete
  7. Macron will be banning the importation of Cucumber plants; and banning English people too later on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm, who knows. Unsettling times. French don't seem to use cucumber much in their salads.

      Delete
  8. Now you'll have to put the lotion on your neck as well; otherwise it will look like your face is only temporary placed on your neck. You didn't say if you liked your new look?
    Greetings Maria x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually it's not too bad, but like you say, doesn't match the rest of me!

      Delete