14 May 2017

Darling, I've found your balls


The water is very hard in Calne so we have a water softener installed.  The system contains siliphos balls to attract the calcium and they have to be changed from time to time.  While he was buying plumbing stuff for Kat’s flat on Friday, Paul bought a new box of siliphos balls and put them in the car.

Yesterday afternoon Paul decided to install the new balls but he couldn’t find them anywhere.  He searched the car and turned the garage upside down looking for them.  We looked everywhere indoors and eventually came to the conclusion that they must have been thrown out with the rubbish at the tip.  

Paul was not happy that he had lost his balls.  Then I had a light bulb moment.  I had removed an empty recycling bin from Kat’s flat to put in my kitchen.  This morning when I threw the empty cornflakes packet in I remembered seeing that Paul had already christened the bin and thrown something in there.  Hmm, I wonder...

“Darling, I’ve found your balls!”


14 comments:

  1. This gave me a nice laugh to start my day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was quite funny once we found them.

      Delete
  2. To be read in conjunction with Thursday's post, Bringing Chaos into Order?

    ReplyDelete
  3. If Paul's balls had been bigger they would have been easier to find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not quite sure what to say to that!

      Delete
  4. You are very funny, Sue! :)
    Greetings Maria x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to see the funny side of things.

      Delete
  5. Thank you for my Mother's Day laugh, it sounds like something that could have happened here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure Paul is feeling much better then !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was very unhappy until they were found!

      Delete
  7. Well, that must have been a big relief all round !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Would Paul's balls go in my kettle? I need something in there to attract the calcium.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha-ha, that made me giggle. No, you can't put them in the kettle, I think it would make the water taste funny.

      Delete