3 June 2017

Flower Fairies

aliens or fairies?
 

I have just spent half an hour (that I will never get back) trying to do something with a couple of weird looking cherries and a courgette for John Gray’s novelty competition.


“Aliens in a spaceship?”
“No, flower fairies,” I replied.

It’s raining today so there wasn’t much else to do.  This reminded me of the time when I dressed up my two young daughters as flower fairies for the village fancy dress parade.  They won first prize and so that set a precedent for the next four years.  They won prizes every time!
 

flower fairies

My favourite costume for them (and their two friends) were the penguin outfits we made from papier mache and black bin bags.  Little Miss Muffett and the Flower Pot girls didn't stand a chance!


13 comments:

  1. I name them Two Queens in a Boat.

    They are cute. You obviously have a penchant for fairy queen and other costume making.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable! John will like them, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever !
    Love the daughter's as Flower Fairies, but those penguins look seriously spooky !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are going to kill me for posting this.

      Delete
  4. Such clever costumes - I think I like the flower fairies best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not too sure the girls were happy about it.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I remember having a lot of fun making the costumes - the penguins made everyone laugh.

      Delete
  6. Good fun. I once made a spaceman outfit for my youngest son. It took me weeks.

    ReplyDelete