23 June 2017

Damp

view from my sitting room window


Today we awoke to a damp, misty, drizzling morning.  It was sheer bliss.  The air feels incredibly fresh after yesterday’s heat and we didn’t get too wet walking through the woods with Rick.  All the windows in the house are now open to let the cool air in and it feels wonderful.

wet boots


This evening we are visiting friends for drinks.  It will be Rick’s first social engagement so I hope he will be on his best behaviour.  No doubt we will all be feeling slightly merry by the time we stagger back home through the woods so I plan to cook something simple for supper.  Carbonara with courgettes. Everything comes with courgettes at the moment.

too many courgettes

12 comments:

  1. When it rains here it doesn't get cooler, it just steams.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you got a wee bit of heat relief. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made a Jamie Oliver 'sort of Carbonara' recently. Matchstick slices of bacon, the same size slices of Courgette, a splash of cream and some freshly grated Parmesan, and Spaghetti. I'm sure you can imagine the method; it was very good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds a bit like my version except I include onion and I use penne. It's a great way to use courgettes.

      Delete
  4. Is it normal to take dogs if you are invited out for drinks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the way, re. the horseshoe, the horseshoe should be old and worn to bring good luck. That one looks new to me. If you do put it up, it goes upwards, like a U, to keep the luck in.

      Delete
    2. I'm sure that Rick will be the perfectly behaved guest. He seems to be a dog that just takes everything in his stride.

      Delete
    3. I never go anywhere without my dog! Our hosts have a dog and they wanted to meet Rick. He behaved perfectly, Paul didn't! That's what I thought about horseshoes but folklore also says they can go the other way to sprinkle the luck all over you.

      Delete
  5. One is tempted to refer to the courgettes in the manner of Les Dawson but fortunately one is able to resist this temptation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what Les Dawson said about courgettes but I can imagine.

      Delete