20 June 2017

Early Morning Walk


Rick is keen to go


Another early morning walk, down the hill, through the farmer’s wheat field and into the shade of the chestnut woods.



There are clusters of beehives everywhere amongst the chestnut trees at the moment, and the bees are buzzing away collecting nectar from the flowers.  We are careful to keep Rick well away from the hives.

beehives

sign warning of bee danger
The heat feels oppressive this afternoon, we are all indoors now waiting for the relative cool of the evening before we venture outside again.

home in sight



14 comments:

  1. I am surprised that Rick didn't make a beeline for the hives but what will bee will bee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He bee on his leash, I didn't want to deal with any bee stings.

      Delete
  2. Lovely to see the photos of Paul and Rick. That's a beautiful part of the world you live in.
    Inca and I are out well before 6:30 these mornings, and it's already oppressively hot. Dreading July and August. We could do with rain, so I thought I might clean the windows...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still nice and green but everything will start to go brown soon if we don't get any rain. I don't think I've got any energy left to clean windows!

      Delete
    2. Not sure I have, but it brings rain I'll give it a go !

      Delete
  3. I know I have said it before but that Rick is one lucky dog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. No. Actually he barks at the sparrows in his garden and pulls on the leash.

      Delete
  5. You're lucky it cools off at night, it doesn't much here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Early mornings bring a brief respite.

      Delete
  6. Love seeing Rick enjoying life with his new family. Your house looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love seeing Rick enjoying life with his new family. Your house looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete