17 February 2024

Saturday

 "You'd better take Rick out before the rain gets here" I told Paul after breakfast.

"It's not going to rain, the man on the forecast has just said it's going to be fine all day."

"The local forecast on my computer says it's going to rain."

"The weather forecaster has just said it's going to be dry."

As it was going to be dry and not too cold I made the decision to dust off my road bike and ride outside instead of riding with Bernie the Bot in the gym.  Paul volunteered to come with me.

It was colder than I expected.  After a few kilometres a fine mist started to fall.  Then it started to rain.  We cycled 17 kms in the freezing rain.  My goggles were steamed up and rain was dripping off my helmet and nose.  I should have listened to my own counsel.

It's Saturday evening.  TV dinner and wine.  Rick has his Kong (pet toy with treats). We used to watch Gladiators when the children were young, they loved it.  A new series has just begun.  Contenders ready?  Gladiators ready?  Rick loves it.  That travelator gets them every time.  Now for the Netflix film and another glass of wine.  I love Saturdays.





8 comments:

  1. I started to watch Gladiators, then luckily we had a visitor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see it's not everybody's idea of fun.

      Delete
  2. I saw a short clip of Gladiators on Gogglebox yesterday . ( My Saturday treat is watching that on catch up and a glass of wine!). I probably won't watch any more !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should watch the Eliminator at the end - it was a very close finish.

      Delete
  3. Not a programme that's ever appealed to me.
    TV timing is a nuisance as we're an hour ahead, and watching some programmes can mean going to bed after midnight. I'm an early riser - usually up at 7 a.m. to let the dog out and feed the garden cats, so I like to be in bed by 11pm - or 23:00 as it is here!. I have Freesat and an old TV set, must be 12 years old or more, so just stay with what's available.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm up at 6.00 am and tucked up in bed by 10.00 pm with my book so I'm an hour ahead of you, or possibly the same with the time difference!

      Delete
  4. I never listen to Larry anymore when it comes to the weather...his phone app is awful.
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually look at the local BBC forecast on my computer, usually pretty accurate.

      Delete