19 February 2024

Safari

When Sarah moved out to her cottage I decided it was time to decorate her bedroom.  The wallpaper was quite a pretty ribbon stripe but was quite old and dated so it had to go but I really didn't have any ideas what to replace it with.

before

In the end I decided that the bed headboard would be the focal point of the room and was rather taken with a Safari printed fabric.  I bought two metres of fabric, got my sewing machine out, made a couple of seams and re-covered the headboard.  


It seemed to take days to scrape away the old wallpaper and wash the walls down but finally the walls were ready for two coats of Timeless white paint.  I trimmed the existing Roman blind with a thin strip of the Safari fabric.



The room looked fresh and the headboard was quite striking but the wall looked a bit bare.  I couldn't help myself when I found giraffe and zebra carved wooden 'heads' online, I just had to buy them.  They are wonderfully kitsch and fill the empty space perfectly!






12 comments:

  1. Very smart ! The heads are a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks very stylish. Love the heads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks beautiful! Well done!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. The safari print headboard makes a really nice statement. You've created a room with a theme. The zebra, giraffe and faux fur blanket work well too. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a little bit gimicky but I like to have fun with my decor.

      Delete
  5. What a transformation. It looks beautiful. You are so creative and artistic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the bedspread too. It looks like a French 'Boutis'. I might buy one this summer to bring back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bought it years ago for my French home.

      Delete