5 January 2019

What day is it?


I keep losing track of the days at the moment. Sarah has just landed in rain-drenched Sydney.  She has been travelling for 28 hours.  She said she had a good flight apart from the guy in the next seat who kept stealing her armrest. Now she is in a long queue to get through Australian immigration, only two booths out of twenty open.

This morning we took down the Christmas decorations and Paul chopped up the tree for recycling. The house feels extraordinarily bare and quiet now.  Rick has been missing his girls but had enormous fun just now when next door’s black Labrador, Jack, squeezed through the hedge.  They raced around the garden and had a play fight.  We’ve had to block the gap now though to prevent Rick from escaping through it to find his new best friend.

Rick searching for Jack on Facebook
First thing Monday morning the builders are due to arrive to remove the tardis from the bathroom and generally wreck the place before installing my new shower and bath tub.  I’m dreading the mess but looking forward to a brand new bathroom.  I wonder if the builders like mince pies!

goodbye tardis


23 comments:

  1. As long as you have tea to soak 'em up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see that Rick was logged in to "LincolnshireBitches. com". I hope he finds himself a French poodle called Fifi or maybe a Yorkshire terrier called Mavis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Rick and Mavis' has a certain ring to it don't you think?

      Delete
  3. It will be nice to have it as you want it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just longing for a soak in a bath tub with lots of bubbles.

      Delete
  4. I must say when I had my new bathroom a few weeks back I just could not believe how quickly they did it and how they left absolutely no mess at all. Hope it is the same for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think day one will be the messiest when they take off all the wall and floor tiles. I really hope it's all done quickly.

      Delete
  5. That shower looks like it could do everything, including wash the dishes and make supper! Are you going for a more simple version? -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has flashing lights and music but I can't get any water to come out of the shower! The new one will be very minimalist.

      Delete
  6. it DOES resemble a tardis. LOL

    Good luck! If any wall work is being done, make sure you cover everything...the fine dust will be in every nook & cranny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No wall work this time but I think getting the floor tiles up will make a mess.

      Delete
  7. We had one of them in a hotel last year I needed a lesson how to use it!
    Just notice what a clever dog Rick is he can you your laptop:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poor Sarah, we are usually in those queues getting into France or England and I've heard a bit of negative feedback about Sydney customs. Tell her to come to Brisbane. Our entry point is friendly and pretty quick from what I see of the lines at the booths. She's lucky anyway she's just missed out on the awful high temperatures they've had in Sydney.
    I see what you mean about the tardis !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the last thing you need after a long flight.

      Delete
  9. I forgot you had that crazy thing! Better out than in! ... We've had some wild and hot weather while Sarah was living it up at your place, it's much more settled this morning. ps:. People who steal armrests on long flights deserve a special punishment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Since about last Wednesday (I think) I've been totally lost. I had to keep checking my laptop to confirm what day it was. I should be OK from now on, as I go to Frayssinet to buy bread this morning; that should get me back to 'normality'. Please give Rick a little stroke from me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Normal routine is reassuring. Rick sends bisous xx

      Delete
  11. I love the photo of Rick searching for his new friend on Facebook! Haha!

    It's wonderful when dogs make friends with each other. I hope you'll let him visit Jack sometimes. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They had so much fun chasing each other around the garden

      Delete