14 January 2019

Bathroom Makeover

Can I come in?
Ronnie the plumber and Richard the tiler worked frantically to complete the bathroom before I arrived home from hospital and were anxious for my approval as soon as I stepped through the door.  It wasn’t quite finished, the towel rail and shower door needed to be installed and Richard had to return early Saturday morning to grout the floor tiles but I was very impressed with the transformation.  The ceiling will need painting once the new plaster has dried.

before
after


A new pump has been installed and the power shower nearly knocked me over when I took my first tentative shower, trying to keep my neck from getting soaked.  Can’t wait to try out the tub next week.




It’s a pity I forgot about the toilet roll holder.




18 comments:

  1. It's looking great! You did well to secure the services of that little work team. Good tradesmen who take pride in their work, keep their promises and charge fair rates are worth their weight in gold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks very chic, and I like the Hollywood Mirror.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Rick who obviously approves strongly. Can't say I am sorry to say goodbye to the tardis either. You would really have to love it to stick with it, so well done you to be strong about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How stunning! I love a new, sparkly, clean bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a difference, I know you're delighted. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks so beautiful. If it was here it would take the builders some weeks to finish the work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! shame about the toilet roll holder, now you'll have to screw one on through the tiles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ronnie, Richard, and Rick! Your bathroom is fantastic!! So shiny and chic! Did you buy new towels to celebrate? -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks wonderful - great improvement.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful!! You can get some pretty nice free standing toilet paper holders.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for all your lovely comments everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Molten Brown soap? Fantastic salle d'eau !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic! What a stunning transformation. Hope you are soon feeling well enough to enjoy it to the full. x

    ReplyDelete