31 May 2018

I Wanna Dance With Somebody

Do you sing in the shower?  I tend to warble away to O Mio Babbino Caro or Whitney Houstons’ I Wanna Dance With Somebody.  I make a terrible racket but I just assume that no one (apart from the owls in the tower above the bathroom) can hear me.  What do you sing?

While we were drinking wine and listening to music from the sixties on the terrace a few evenings ago Paul discovered on Spotify that there are play lists designed specifically for the shower.  Now I always have a problem with remembering the lyrics of songs and tend to just repeat the first line over and over again or make the words up so I said “wouldn’t it be great if someone invented a shower karaoke kit so you could see the words?”  Paul was not impressed by my light bulb moment, this piece of kit has been around for years apparently.  Perhaps I should add it to my wish list for Christmas.








10 comments:

  1. No, I have never sung in the shower, nor in the bath. This is the first house I have ever had a shower in in fact. I concentrate on the job in hand, washing, getting the water flowing properly, and out as quickly as possible. I have been showering here for four years and still find I am only getting used to it. It is an entirely different experience to bathing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't sing in the shower, but used to sing in the car. I had six tapefulls of my recorded songs but now am unable to even enjoy them silently as players have gone to discs now. I would fear the water/electricity possible connection and those 'disco lights' would be unsettleing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The trouble with karaoke screens and machines is that they involve electricity. Electricity and shower water are not meant to mix. Otherwise you'll be singing "Electric Shock" by the Korean girl group fi(x)... also available on Spotify.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sing in the bath, the bed and wherever I feel like it. Received a mild rebuke once for singing along with my iPod whilst sitting on a ferry, I think someone didn't know my tune or perhaps it was my deep voice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have only shower here, i don't sing, i take a long shower listening to my thoughts,i wish i was a more "singing" person.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never sing in the shower. I sing terribly out of tune and once had the next door neighbour’s dog howling at me. My family still teases me about it.
    Greetings Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  7. On hearing me sing, a friend once told me (quite seriously) "Don't give up your day job!" I don't sing in the shower but do in the car.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I tend to 'sing' all the time; I've done it since I was very small. I was even a choirboy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. No, I don't sing in the shower - I'm not in there long enough to finish more than a couple of verses anyway ! I do sometimes "la, la, la" or hum, but that's only if a tune has stuck in my mind. I like to sing along with the dozens of You Tube downloads on my computer - in fact I'm going to sing along with something in a few minutes time ....when I've finished reading the blogs I follow !
    What does it matter how much racket you make as long as you're happy?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Funny, I thought everyone sang in the shower! Although, thinking about it, Paul doesn't.

    ReplyDelete