8 May 2018

Dog Talk

Hi Buddy


How you doing mate?  Chased any kangeroos or possums lately?  Thought you’d like to follow my paws on yesterday’s walk through the French countryside.



With your little legs I think you’d struggle to see where you’re going in this long grass, the pollen gets everywhere.


This is Praline the donkey, we don't really get on.  I don’t trust these big hoofed animals, have to give them a good bark to put them back in their place. 



This is a random chair in the middle of the woods.  I think it would be a good place for my mum to sit, she gets tired very quickly and can’t keep up with me.  I have to pull her up the hills because she’s so slow.



This little house is called a borie.  They are scattered around the countryside.  I think sheep dogs used to share them with their shepherds in times past.  A bit too cramped for my taste.

That’s all for now Buds, I’m off to bark at some sparrows.


16 comments:

  1. Thanks for the walk, I need help up the hills too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really helps when Rick pulls me along sometimes, there are so many hills around here.

      Delete
  2. Praline looks as if she could use a good friend; I'm surprised Rick hasn't applied for the post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's quite friendly but Rick always acts defensively when she trots over to say hello.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the tour Rick - more please. A donkey called Praline??? I thought that was a delicious sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her sister was called Framboise (raspberry).

      Delete
  4. Praline does look a little lonely. Such beasts of burden, used all over the world. Always think of them as humble animals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her horse companion died last year so, yes, she does seem lonely.

      Delete
  5. Interesting, appreciate your imagination :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope Bud replies to Rick.
    Greetings Maria x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be nice to hear from Buddy.

      Delete
  7. Thanks to Rick we might get some news from nearest/dearests in the antipodes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never seen a picture of a borie before. In fact I never knew they existed. Thanks for sharing this Sue...or was it Rick?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These dry stone huts are very common in southern France, also known as Cabanes.

      Delete