24 November 2016

Tent Wrestling




Sarah and Buddy are going to sleep in a pop-up tent when we go camping this weekend so Paul and I, ever thoughtful, decided to get the tent out and give it an airing outside.  Paul unzipped the bag and pulled the tent out and was almost knocked off his feet.  They’re not wrong about pop-up!  No messing about with poles and ropes, an instant tent.  Just a couple of guy-ropes to fix it in place.


Yesterday’s storm hit us without warning.  We managed to squeeze the tent back indoors through the patio doors and then tried to figure out how to take it down, twist it into a neat circle and back into the carrying bag.  I read out the instructions while Paul wrestled with the evil beast. Buddy just watched the proceedings with complete disbelief.






15 comments:

  1. That sounds to me like the best type of tent; self erecting. Taming it is another matter. We had a bit of a storm here last night. Some thunder, very strong wind, and lashings of pluie. Bok came up and slept on the bed; he hates storms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought you and Bok were off to Spain in your boy's van?

      Delete
  2. Good idea for a tent. Did it pass the test though?

    ReplyDelete
  3. As it's for Buddy + one is it still called a pup tent? Those things remind me of self inflatable lifeboats and although useful in parts of the UK now, not quite here in France.. yet. Don't fiddle with it in the campervan on the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very clever really, but cheating in my book.

      Delete
  4. It sounds like something out of a comedy programme ! Can't blame Buddy for looking on in disbelief, he's probably wondering what idiot invented that !
    Hope it doesn't self-inflate in the van, on the way there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the whole weekend is going to be like a comedy - and maybe not in a good way.

      Delete
  5. If tents are packed when dry they do not actually need airing. It was your scepticism that was the problem...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, I don't trust my children!

      Delete
  6. Sue, you take excellent pictures of Buddy - on his perfectly expressed moments!
    Greetings Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I hope it doesn't rain for you on the weekend ...but that does seem to be what happens when you go camping. I think your plan of sleeping in the back of the car sounds a good one but all in all I'm glad it's you and not me !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm starting to wish it wasn't me.

    ReplyDelete