2 November 2016

New Shoes



It’s been a funny sort of day.  No doggo running about the house because he went off to work early with the Bearded One.

Paul took a nasty tumble when he tripped up stepping into the back yard with a bowl of rubbish for the compost.  He yelped so loudly I thought he must have broken his ankle.  Fortunately he was just a bit bruised and shaken but it occurred to me afterwards that I don’t know what number to dial over here for the emergency services.  Well I do now, it’s an easy one to remember – 000.  Hopefully I will never need to use it.

After coffee we caught the bus to the shops in search of shorts and shoes for Paul.  The shoes were expensive but I think he deserves them.  I just keep reminding him that my flip flops only cost a couple of euros.  Lunch was sushi and beer.  Afterwards, as we ran (Paul ran and I sort of did a hop and a skip) to catch the bus, I wished I hadn’t eaten so much.  Bus drivers never wait until you sit down so I was staggering up the aisle of the bus desperately trying to stay upright as the bus lurched forwards.

Home again and a cup of tea in the garden.  Two rainbow lorikeets landed in the tree above my head and kissed and cuddled as they sat side by side on the branch.  I dashed indoors to get my camera but of course they had flown away by the time I got back.  So I took a photo of Paul’s new shoes instead.




I wonder what time Buddy will get home tonight...


20 comments:

  1. Paul has good taste; I like his new shoes.
    You are going to miss Buddy.
    Greetings Maria x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always hard saying goodbye to Sarah, this year it will be twice as hard.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Trying to get Paul to wear anything stylish is quite an achievement.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Paul did a tap dance in them this afternoon (he was entertaining the dog).

      Delete
  4. Very stylish shoes !
    Should we take bets on how long it will be before you have a dog, once you return home? Don't forget, you won't have any problems going backwards and forwards to France.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been working on it for years without success.

      Delete
  5. Sorry but Paul's smart new shoes are no substitute for loved up lorikeets.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. I think so. If they're comfy he'll probably sleep in them.

      Delete
  7. My husband would like those shoes - hope Paul's ankle is OK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's fine, luckily. Loves his new shoes too!

      Delete
  8. Yesterday am my comment got swallowed up in the Internet Malfunction that was our village. Everyone has said it all, although the Australian view of 'importing' dogs is I think Very strict. You would have to have a dog sitter to mind your dog if you returned to mind Buddy at a future date. If you needed one in France I suspect there would be two families that would volunteer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to adopt a dog but our 'travelling' lifestyle makes it very difficult. Getting far too fond of Buddy though!

      Delete
  9. We were fortunate that we found a real home from home for our two dogs when we went travelling. This was in the days long before Pet Passports. We went away for quite a while, happy in the knowledge that the dogs were well cared for. The couple who looked after them had a small holding and were, to put it mildly, quite "dog mad". Our dogs had a wonderful time and returning home was something of a let down - no sheep, no horses, cats or other dogs !

    ReplyDelete