14 August 2016

Sluttish Behaviour






One of my little luxuries in life is newly laundered and ironed bed linen.  For me there is nothing quite like getting into a beautifully made bed and snuggling between fresh, white cotton sheets and resting my head on a crisp, white pillowcase.  Of course to enjoy this little luxury I have to spend some time at the ironing board.

Earlier today I stripped the bed, washed the sheets and hung them out to dry.  This afternoon I have just gone outside to bring it indoors.  The temperature is 35 degrees and just walking across the courtyard felt like crossing the Sahara Desert.  Everything was so crisp and dry I put it all straight back on the bed, un-ironed.  Shock, horror, such sluttish behaviour.  This is something I never do.

Sorry folks, it’s just too hot to get the iron out!




8 comments:

  1. I too just love the smell of sheets and pillowcases straight off the line, ironed or not, you can't beat crisp, clean, white, cotton bed-linen. The joys of summer being able to put them straight from line to bed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you remember the Bri-nylon fitted sheets? Created so much static they made your hair stand on end.

      Delete
  2. Sluttish behaviour rules in this house. No ironing of sheets, just elasticated, fitted, lower ones, and at the moment not much else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Long may it last. I love this weather.

      Delete
  3. I so much love your sense of humour Sue; the picture of your iron on holiday is perfect!
    Greetings Maria x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could get used to this, the iron may have to take an extended holiday.

      Delete
  4. It was still 27 degs when we finished watching Murray. I've a great pile of stuff to be ironned. Cobwebs are called slutdanglers in our house.

    ReplyDelete