27 March 2024

Nothing goes to waste

I had quite a lot of fabric left over from the re-covered chair (I ordered extra to allow for any mistakes!) so I decided to make a couple of cushions.  The zip fastenings were tricky but I was quite pleased with the result.




They are destined for the master bedroom that is getting a makeover in June.

After a glorious sunny morning the clouds have rolled in.  Hot cross buns and a cup of tea are being served as an antidote to this chilly, gloomy afternoon.



14 comments:

  1. We've been having HCB's every afternoon for quite a while. Firstly we had them with unsalted butter (our usual), then with salted. The latter is better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These will be my first of the season!

      Delete
  2. Nice cushions and you made very good use of the extra fabric. It is raining lightly here too. HCB's with warm tea sounds perfect on a cool and rainy day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so yummy! My favourite way is with a generous spread of honey. The pillows will look fabulous on your bed , I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cushions look great and tie in nicely with the chair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice cushions, I look forward to seeing them in-situ, after the bedroom makeover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very unsure about the bedroom design at the moment, keep changing my mind.

      Delete
  6. I've never had one...I should make some!! Looks delicious!
    Happy Easter!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those hot cross buns look like cushions - unless I am being fooled by the perspective.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hot cross buns are ordinary bun sized buns.

      Delete