8 September 2017

Who Does This Woman Belong To?


le Privilege

It might have been the aperitifs, or perhaps the second carafe of vin rouge.  Paul was sticking to one glass of red wine because he was driving so it was all down to Kat and me.  We were lunching at our favourite restaurant in Monpazier,  le Privilege.  Paul and I chose the menu du jour (poached egg on a bed of wild mushrooms followed by pork belly with prunes) while Kat had gazpacho (complete with a little sachet of vodka ) and her old favourite of confit de canard.  The food was excellent. The art decorating the walls was bad.

When we finally left the restaurant I was definitely a little unsteady on my feet and needed to hang on tightly to Paul’s arm to negotiate the cobbled streets of Monpazier.  There were very few tourists about today so it was a pleasure to wander around this medieval bastide town.  Next week we will be returning to Monpazier to dine at a chateau hotel with a chef who is willing to prepare a special menu for vegan daughter Sarah.  I have promised Paul I will stay sober this time.

Hotel Edward 1er




18 comments:

  1. I love it. It sounds like a lovely carefree catch up lunch. It is thundering all around here and I am in for a storm. I opened a bottle of red to see me through it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Storms make me nervous. I think we are due for some here tomorrow.

      Delete
  2. One of our favourites and good for you your daughter is home and the other soon. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must say that the menu sounds delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's no need to call Monpazier a "bastide town"! However, I guess that this is down to the wine you guzzled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't guzzle my wine, I drank it very delicately. I just delicately drank too much.

      Delete
  5. Pity the Thursday evenings at Lumberjack are now over, your girls would have enjoyed that. It's a while since I ate at the Privilege; I must do so again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They've arrived a bit too late to enjoy the sunshine and entertainment.

      Delete
  6. "you delicately drank too much wine"...that made me laugh Sue; I enjoy your sense of humour!
    Greetings Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every thing around you looks so beautiful, must be fun to live in such a beautiful area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is lovely, so many ancient buildings and spectacular countryside. When you live here all the time you tend to take it all for granted.

      Delete
  8. It must be a bit of a pain to eat vegan out in 'rural' France. I suspect that it might be a pain on the pocket as well. The latest rain overnight has greened the place up a bit and I'm sure that getting the family all together again will be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whilst a lot of restaurants now offer a vegetarian option on the menu it is very rare to find one that can cater for vegans. Yes, it will be expensive!

      Delete
  9. As much as I love veggies, and they do make up the majority of our meals, I couldn't live without my meat. Hope your daughter enjoys the meal.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I miss my wine-enjoying days, but one's gotta listen to one's body when it protests (repeatedly.) How lovely for you though!

    ReplyDelete