17 September 2017

Logs



Today is wet and cold.  I am cooking red pepper and tomato soup for lunch, Sarah and Rick are curled up in front of the log fire while Kat has been press ganged into helping her dad cut logs outside.   

Our logs are delivered in metre lengths and have to be cut in half so that we can feed them into the log burner.  The chain saw always makes me very nervous so I shall be relieved when they’ve finished.  Kat seems to be making light work of lifting the metre logs and putting them in position for Paul to cut; no doubt she will demand extra wine rations for her work.


fixing the chain saw


14 comments:

  1. A pretty young woman in dirty blue overalls! This is the stuff of fantasy! I suppose that carrying logs is part of military training.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am pleased to say I can only get my logs ready cut to size. My biggest chore is stacking them after the truck has tipped and gone. It is nice for Paul to have Kat to help and getting on with normal duties together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great for Paul to have some help. Only took them about an hour.

      Delete
  3. I hate electric saws of all types, they always make me nervous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some people have the most terrible accidents with them.

      Delete
  4. Both of the woodcutters need to be wearing helmets with full face guards and chain proof trousers. If you had ever seen the physical damage that an accident with a chain saw can produce then you would insist on them being Safe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have torn a muscle in my upper right arm, which is taking a long time to heal. I'm now worrying how I'm going to start my chainsaw. It'll be needed very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Above 'elf & safety and sensible usage of chain saws by us -the elderly with poor muscle tone on all four arms- are why we moved away from our woodburning stove. It's back to electricity and oil at the flick of a switch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one of the reasons why we go back to Blighty in the winter.

      Delete
  7. Sarah and Rick have the right idea on a cold and wet day.
    Warm and sunshine today in the outer reaches of Calpe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sunshine has only just reached us today, just as it's sunset!

      Delete