14 September 2017

Retail Therapy

did you buy me anything?

There’s only one thing to do when it’s pouring with rain outside – go shopping!  The girls were very eager to partake in a little retail therapy, especially using Daddy’s credit card.  We are dining out tonight at the little chateau in Monpazier and Kat declared she didn’t have a thing to wear.

We visited the Prêt-à-Porter boutique in Montayral and Sarah quickly found a mini skirt and two skinny rib tops. She is very petite and most clothes look good on her.  Kat was  not so lucky, she is tall, athletic with a tiny waist and it is hard to find clothes that fit her well.  The shops close at midday in France so we were under pressure now to find Kat an outfit.  The second boutique looked like a non-starter and then she tried on the jumpsuit.  It looked fab.

“But I haven’t got any shoes to go with it...”

Half an hour before midday closing we hit the shoe shop.  Paul was laden with boxes when we returned to the car. 


17 comments:

  1. I do miss shopping with my daughter, so lucky you. Surely you brought Rick something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We gave him a special doggy treat when we got home.

      Delete
  2. I still miss shopping with my mother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun but a bit time pressured. I hate it when the shops here close at midday.

      Delete
  3. Didn't Mummy buy a new outfit? Perhaps a sexy beige cardigan, a sensible tweed skirt and some well-heeled brogues?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was tempted by some gold, sparkly trainers.

      Delete
  4. Once a week Ms H goes shopping... not always to buy... sometimes to just browse and then comes to deliberate the French style clothes from Paris.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rarely buy clothes in France, I wait until we return to the UK.

      Delete
  5. Nothing better than a girls shopping expedition. What a good Daddy Paul is !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I beleive in that kind of therapy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good to see the sisters shopping together.

      Delete
  7. A little bit of envy, petite, fits, fab and Dad's card sounds wonderful.
    Our week has not been good inspite of having visitors. It's been Summer Horibilis so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weather is horrible this week, that's for sure.

      Delete
  8. How did you persuade Paul to go with you. I would have chained myself to the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he wanted some control over his credit card.

      Delete
  9. I went shopping with my son last week, he is best man at his best friend's wedding. Conclusion: men are worse than women when it comes to shopping!
    Greetings Maria x

    ReplyDelete