25 January 2024

It's been a while

 



It's been a long time, over a year perhaps, since I last blogged. I blame it on a malfunctioning browser, life stuff getting in the way and sheer laziness. Anyhow, I am still alive and kicking and all is well in rural Lincolnshire. Here is a quick update on the 'family'.

Sarah has been back from Australia for almost two years now and is happily enjoying life in the UK. She spends some of her week at Rose Cottage and the rest of the time living with her new partner, Andrew, in the city (Lincoln). Andrew is an experienced sky diver and rock climber. Sarah has no intention of ever jumping out of a plane or climbing a mountain but they are both into mountain biking and crazy music.

Kat and Craig are enjoying married life together and are now based at RAF Odiham working with 'wokkers' (Chinoook helicopters - if you've ever heard a Chinook you will know why they are called wokkers). They both cycle competitively in RAF teams so get the opportunity to train and travel to events together.

Paul is now a cycling fanatic and spends hours in the gym leading his Zwift e-team to victory. He has become incredibly fit and it's a sport that he enjoys so I try not to complain too often! He also plays bowls twice a week at the village hall; he is well occupied.

Rick continues to rule the roost in this household and I love him to bits. He is getting older (I reckon about 9 or 10 years old now) and a bit stiff and slower in the mornings but still capable of out-running the postman's van.

My life just revolves around the home and garden and dancing - I thrive on routine and rhythm. I still enjoy cycling, more often in the summer when I can trundle along the country lanes. Gym cycling puts pressure on me; I have to ride fast to keep ahead of the robot that is chasing me!

The whole tribe spent Xmas with us (“of course we are all coming for Christmas!”), a joyous three weeks of over indulging, commandeering my kitchen island for jigsaw puzzles and talking about, you guessed it, cycling!



Sarah's cottage update ... coming soon.

20 comments:

  1. After a whole year and three days, it was lovely to hear from you Sue. I am especially pleased to learn that Sarah has got a new man in her life after what happened in Sydney. Looking forward to your Rose Cottage update. Will it be like one of those slick transformations in "Homes Under The Hammer"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A transformation inspired by Sarah's unique style.

      Delete
  2. Nice to see you back on the blog writing horse Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovey to see you back and have an update. I kind of thought you would be back eventually. I look forward to the cottage update.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to still have your support Carol.

      Delete
  4. Well, hello Sue. I heard about your blog on Yorkshire Pudding's blog and am happy to read about you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Ellen, I hope you enjoy the blog.

      Delete
  5. Welcome back! I'm so pleased to hear life is good for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I travelled here from elsewhere, too. I live not far from Odiham and am well used to seeing and hearing Chinooks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will be very familiar with the wokka wokka sound then!

      Delete
  7. It is so nice to see you here. You've been missed. I am glad to hear all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to see you back. I was thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan, it's lovely to catch up with everyone.

      Delete
  9. Well of course I see you from time to time elsewhere so I always knew everything was ok. I always assume that you still read me too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. The return of the native; welcome back.

    ReplyDelete