27 January 2024

Does that rug look familiar?

 

old fireplace

The fireplace in the sitting room was dated and unattractive so Sarah decided to replace it with a wood burner. Jackdaws were desperate to build a nest in the chimney so Paul had to sweep it every day to dislodge the twigs before the workmen arrived. If they had succeeded in building a nest the whole job would have been delayed. The chimney has now been capped so the jackdaws will need to look elsewhere.

a messy job

It was an expensive project but I think the new hearth makes the room far more inviting and the wood burner is efficient and easy to manage.


a cosy fire

this dog gets everywhere

Sarah favours strong colours, she is definitely not a pink and pastel type of girl. She chose two modern sofas for the sitting room in teal; they seem to go quite well with the multi-coloured Persian rug that she has inherited from me. Selecting a colour for the Roman blind was tricky but in the end she bravely opted for a burnt orange picked out from the rug. I think the overall effect works well.

does that rug look familiar?





10 comments:

  1. Very bold but it looks stunning. Sarah definitely has her own style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has quite eclectic taste when it comes to decor.

      Delete
  2. Sarah sure knows what she is doing. That looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bold colors are striking. I do like Sarah's aesthetic. Rick is looking good and very much at home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My oldest has just installed a fireplace and wood-burner in my old house here. I signed it over to him recently and he's really doing great works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really miss our wood burner that we had in France, it kept the whole house warm in winter.

      Delete
  5. Both rooms you have shown look amazing and belong in a glossy lifestyle magazine... but I can't help feeling sorry for the jackdaws. Poor things. They had a battle with Paul but Paul won!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The jackdaws gave me some indignant looks while I was working in the garden but eventually conceded defeat and moved to next door's chimney.

      Delete