26 December 2017

Christmas Games



Yesterday afternoon I took Rick for a walk while Paul did the washing up.  I think I got the better end of the deal.  When I got back we settled down to watch some television, Peter Pan Gone Wrong and then the Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel.  Sarah slept through the film; she is still fighting the jet lag. I’m not sure what my excuse was, probably too much turkey.

Today we had another feast at lunch time, cold meats and salad, mince pies and a selection of cheeses.  Why do we eat so much food at Christmas time?  To ensure no-one fell asleep this afternoon we decided to play a game of Scrawl.  This seems to be a combination of Pictionary and Chinese Whispers, best played after a drink or two.

You select a card that gives you an obscure phrase or word and then you have to draw it. The drawing is passed to the next person to describe it.  The next person draws that person’s description etc. until you end up with the final description.  Confused?  Yes, so was I.  Here is an example of Paul’s “Stealing Someone’s Thunder”.

Paul's drawing of Stealing Someone's Thunder

My guess....
Sarah's interpretation of my guess

Kat's guess of Sarah's drawing
 No prizes this time.  Rick wasn't playing. Anyone for charades?






17 comments:

  1. Happy days with your girls! Just love the final interpretation, bee in a storm.
    Hope the rest of the festive season is just as enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More crazy games today I expect. At least it stops me dozing off on the sofa.

      Delete
  2. You have illustrated the gist of the game very well. I guess it could easily cause some unholy rows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it would be more fun with more people playing.

      Delete
  3. Interesting, kind of like the old game of telephone. Enjoy your time, too quickly they have to head back home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting Christmas game. I had three children under two amongst my house guests for lunch today so no such luck as playing games.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I once played Chinese Whispers with Yoko Ono. When it came my way it was 'Boys Swing'. She never told us how it had started, or how it had finished; naughty Yoko. I prefer your game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You played Chinese Whispers with Yoko Ono? Wow!

      Delete
  6. Sounds like your Christmas Day was great, just as you wished it would be.
    Looking forward to a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like fun! I did not know the meaning of stealing someone's thunder; I've learnt something new!
    Greetings Maria x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt a bit stupid for not guessing the right words!

      Delete
  8. The background to the pictures is off-putting. It would probably have hindered the judgement of the contestants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just put them on the rug for blog photos!

      Delete
  9. Some of the drawings were very strange...

    ReplyDelete