17 December 2017

Barking



Dear Cousin Rick

G’day!  Bark the herald angels and all that stuff.  It’s a sultry 24 degrees and the sun is shining in Oz.  You would love it here although you’d need a hair cut to keep cool.  Fantastic beaches and lots of joggers and cyclists for you to chase.  I could even introduce you to the lollipop man.

Mistress Sarah is packing her big grey suitcase.  She is going to brave your cold, damp and foggy weather to spend Christmas with you.  She must be barking.

I hope you have a good time, I expect I will be all right on my own.  Don’t worry about little old me while you’re stealing sausage rolls, pulling crackers and getting your tummy rubbed. If they try and make you wear a party hat just retaliate with a doggy fart, it always gets a good response.

Gotta go now, I have mountains of fan mail to reply to.

Buddy xxxx





21 comments:

  1. HA-HA! It can't be easy for Buddy typing on that laptop. The keys are designed for human fingers, not doggie paws.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw Buddy - can't you get a Doggie passport and come on over with Sarah? You and Rick could get together and plan all sorts of mischief !
    I've got my passport, and my shots are up to date, so I could be over in a few hours to join in the fun !

    Love
    Inca - your no 1 fan ! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Inca, get a visa and come and party with me in Oz!

      Delete
  3. Oh, hello Buddy! This is so sweet Sue!
    It brought a tear but it made me also smile.
    Greetings Maria xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish Sarah could bring him over, I miss that pooch.

      Delete
  4. This just made my day! Haha. Poor Buddy, missing out on all the holiday revelry. I hope some nice gifts make their way back to him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he will be well spoilt while Sarah's away.

      Delete
  5. I know you must be as excited as me waiting for a daughter to come home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very excited, she's due to arrive Friday evening.

      Delete
  6. Beaut letter. Buddy is a clever little critter but probably would not be able to return to OZ from away as their (shh quarantine ) laws are so strict. Mind you, a one way ticket to stay with Rick all the time would encourage more Sarah visits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly I think he's too elderly to travel long haul.

      Delete
  7. Looks like they could become best buddies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Buddy types very well - no sign of a 'fat finger' or paw ! Have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, wishing you a lovely Christmas too!

      Delete