31 July 2019

Rainy Days


I’ve just managed to take Rick out for his afternoon walk between showers.  It has rained on and off all day and some of the downpours have been very heavy indeed.  The beck in the village is running again after almost drying up completely last week.  Barff  Lane is completely under water and we had to turn back as I didn’t want to paddle through the muddy water.  The Yorkshire Dales got very badly hit yesterday by torrential rain and many homes got flooded. I hope Weaver in Leyburn has stayed safe and dry.

This time last week we were basking in the sunshine and enjoying the garden.  Right now the flowers are looking very sad and soggy.
Peacock Butterfly enjoying last week's sunshine

The good news is that the builders are arriving on Monday or Tuesday next week to start work on my kitchen.  Bring on the dust and rubble!


10 comments:

  1. Only one good thing about building work........when it's finished!
    Good luck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm hoping it will be worth it.

      Delete
  2. Lovely day here all day although not much sun, but dry and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope all goes well with the builders. I look forward to seeing your new kitchen as I am sure so do you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After many months of planning I'm eager to see the transformation.

      Delete
  4. "My" kitchen? Does that mean that Paul won't be allowed to enter it? Past blogposts suggest that Paul is a pretty good cook so it will be sad if he is barred. Has he done something wrong?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's Paul's garden and my kitchen. I shall let him use it when he wants to cook something for me.

      Delete
  5. Thank you Sue for thinking of me. I was safe and my bungalow wasn't flooded but the whole storm was spectacular. The nearby village of Bellerby bore the brunt of the storm and my son lives there. Luckily they were not flooded but they couldn't get back home because their lane had been washed away. Many people had to be rescued from their bedroom windows. Much damage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pleased to hear you are okay Pat. It all happened so quickly.

      Delete