30 June 2019

New Toy





Yesterday morning we drove to the sorting office in Market Rasen to collect a parcel.  It contained my new phone – an iPhone7 – all the way from Australia!  It’s not exactly new, just over a year old with one careful owner.  I always get my family’s cast off phones and this was a present from my daughter Sarah, complete with a brand new cover.  Leopard print was out of stock so it is a tasteful turquoise.  The package had taken over two weeks to get here via Aus Post; I think customs may have been a bit suspicious as Sarah had included several packets of cinnamon flavoured gum for sister Kat.

This morning I took it outside in the garden to try out the camera.  It has all sorts of clever functions but it’s going to take me a bit of time to get used to it.









26 comments:

  1. The garden is looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely roses.Are they perfumed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think most of them are, there are so many different varieties here.

      Delete
  3. I love that you get hand-me-downs from your daughter! Beautiful flowers! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also get the old iPhones in the family, all my pictures were taken on the iPhone 5 and I'm really pleased. Your garden is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I can get better pictures from a phone these days than my camera.

      Delete
  5. In defence of all phones, they all take good pictures now. Rick is looking different since he moved to England.

    ReplyDelete
  6. More subjects for painting there, Sue. I love the one of Rick - he's a good model !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Does "cinnamon flavoured gum" mean drugs? Good luck with the phone. Does Sarah also send you her cast-off clothes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like regular chewing gum to me but perhaps I'd better try it out.

      Delete
  8. Camera function seems to be working well anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're lucky it arrived at all if Australia Post had anything to o with it. They're hopeless.The cameras in phones these days are terrific.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their tracking system went down so we didn't know if it would arrive or not.

      Delete
  10. My son sent me one. However, I lost the pin number, and it soon got locked. End of phone.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I’m glad you think the turquoise is tasteful 😊

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would not like to be without my iPhone it is on its third year and is a real gem. So congratulations to you Sue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can now open it with my finger print. Hi-tech stuff for me!

      Delete