7 June 2019

Cider and Glitter Balls


Rick and I have just got home from his afternoon walk; we are feeling smug because we managed to get back before the wind and rain started. Storm Miguel is due to hit later today.  I really hope it doesn’t batter the roses and peonies too much.  Yesterday evening we sat in the garden enjoying the sunshine, the scent of roses and honeysuckle, and a bottle of Scrumpy that our neighbours brought us back from Cornwall.  It was most enjoyable.

Paul and I couldn’t ride our bikes this morning because we had dental appointments.  (My new dentist is a lovely young lady from Liverpool.  She is very friendly but made me feel like an historic building when she commented on my restoration work.)  Yesterday we had a lovely ride out along the River Ancholme.  You see some interesting sights when you’re out cycling, some stranger than others.  I’m still trying to figure out why there was a large, ballroom size glitter ball in the middle of the road outside Phoenix Manor (one very spooky house) in our neighbouring village.





15 comments:

  1. If that is Rick it doesn't look like him. Has nature taken over and given him a different sort of coat, like long and warm, because he has moved to a colder climate? Nature takes over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's turning into a Lincolnshire yeti! He's always had a shaggy coat, it's not particularly warm in the Pyrenees.

      Delete
  2. There's some funny folk in Lincolnshire - glitter balls and all. I should know being one of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel very much at home in the company of funny folk!

      Delete
  3. I maintain that Rick needs his own insta account 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He wouldn't be able to compete with buddietherescuedoggie.

      Delete
  4. Hope your storm was a big disappointment and broke up before it got to you! Rick looks almost regal there. What a handsome guy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The storm was a bit of a damp squib.

      Delete
  5. You're right about seeing strange things from your bike. I once saw a very 'large' gentleman standing naked in a child's paddling pool. Rick would have been shocked.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the fact that your neighbours brought you a bottle of cider back from Cornwall. Though I know you are a most private person, that gift shows that after a relatively short time you are becoming part of the village community. I have no idea what the glitterball means but eccentricity seems to be in short supply these days so I like the idea of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two bottles. We looked after their garden while they were away.

      Delete
    2. Ahem! I didn't realise that but now you can ask them to look after your garden when you fly away somewhere.

      Delete
  7. Rick does look as though he might have Yeti ancestors - he's still a gorgeous little chap though !
    I wonder if the owners of the glitter ball have posted any lost notices yet - the way you do when the cat or dog go missing....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose it might have fallen off the back of a lorry.

      Delete