16 February 2019

My Week


Kat is home for the weekend.  Last time she came home she brought her best mate, Annie-Beth.  I like Annie.  She adores Rick and doesn’t seem to mind him trying to climb on her lap and she also likes my apple pie and crumble.  This time Kat just brought a large bag of dirty laundry with her.

It’s been a busy week with coffee mornings and kitchen designers.  I’m in danger of becoming a Stepford wife.  On Monday Rick got bitten on the nose by a bad tempered Labrador so we had to take him to the vets for antibiotics.  Our regular vet was away so we saw the locum, a friendly and somewhat exuberant young chap who was happy to smooch with Rick and feed him treats.


On Monday I am starting a course of art classes at our local town.  I have dug out my old paint brushes and paints from the attic and brought some new pencils.  I haven’t used them for over a decade.  I am going to be seriously nervous on Monday morning.  I am stepping outside of my comfort zone and I’m not entirely sure that I like it.


17 comments:

  1. That art class sounds good news. You will easily hold your own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the art class Sue! I applaud you for taking up an interest that has been dormant and I look forward to you sharing some of your work here in this blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mr Pudding. I'm hoping the class will motivate me to produce something good.

      Delete
  3. Hope you share your work with us.Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure there will be people with a range of abilities at the art class so as Rachel says you will hold your own. Enjoy the weekend with Kat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I just hate being the new girl in class.

      Delete
    2. Sue is a very talented artist Sheila.

      Delete
  5. \no better way of getting to know the locals.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have nothing to be nervous about. Classes of any kind are to bring you joy, rekindle old love, inspire new love & keep you young. Nothing you do is right or wrong. It's fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you enjoy the class, Sue. I got my oil paints out a few months ago and the smell of the turpentine made me feel like I was back home again. I was a little rusty starting out, but my mind and the brush are starting to make that connection again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just going to give it a go and see how it works out.

      Delete
  8. You'll enjoy yourself. My advice; don't bother trying to do perfect drawings, just have fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall try but I have a habit of getting irritated and demotivated when I produce absolute rubbish.

      Delete