24 December 2018

Christmas Eve

If I was Delia Smith this is what my fruit terrine would look like

The ham is cooked and ready for supper.  I simmered it in the slow cooker for three hours and then finished it off with a honey and mustard glaze and a quick roast in the oven.  This morning I made a prosecco and fruit jelly, we shall have this as a dessert tomorrow as the girls are not keen on Christmas pudding.

Sarah is dozing on the sofa and Kat has taken Rick out for a jog.  It’s been a lovely day here, cold but lots of sunshine.

The hospital rang this morning to offer me a date for my operation – New Year’s Eve!  It put me in a bit of a spin.  I didn’t want to turn it down but it would totally ruin my planned celebrations, Kat’s birthday is on the 30th and Sarah returns to Australia on the 4th.  I need not have worried, they gave me another date of the 11th January so all is well.  It will be good to get it over with.



22 comments:

  1. That jelly looks divine. Wish I was near enough to cadge a helping! Happy Christmas to you all and good luck for the op.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fruit jelly looks gorgeous! Thank goodness the hospital could change the date - now put it to the back of your mind and enjoy your family Christmas. Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was doing well at forgetting about it until we got the 'phone call. I'm back into party mode now though. Happy Christmas x

      Delete
  3. So glad they could give you another date. Now you can enjoy New Years Eve too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to treasure every moment with my girls, we don't manage to get all together very often.

      Delete
  4. Need a photo of yours though! 😁

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Christmas to you and your family Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, yes, choose the other date. All will be well, Sue. The dessert is beautiful! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't it wonderful having everyone home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is wonderful but time is whizzing by.

      Delete
  8. I am pleased they were able to offer you a different date for your operation Sue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It threw me a bit, but an easy decision in the end.

      Delete
  9. Unseasonably warm here yesterday, and looks set for the same today. I can never understand people who don't like Christmas Pud', but the fruit terrine does look delicious. Happy Christmas to you all. Cro x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure my terrine will look so good when/if I get it out of the mould. Happy Christmas Cro x

      Delete
  10. Ha, I thought Wow! when I saw the pic but then read the fine-print. I don't think I've ever made anything that Looks like the Picture. Good news about the 11th - over and done with quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well mine didn't look exactly like the picture but it was a big success with the girls.

      Delete
  11. Merry Christmas to all your family Sue. Glad you could choose another date.

    ReplyDelete