16 September 2018

Savouring the Moment


Seven days before we leave this house forever.  Today is another perfect, blue sky September day.  I have been lounging in the garden, relaxing, reading, and taking a few snaps with my camera.  I am enjoying the beauty of my surroundings, savouring every moment.  I still find it hard to believe we are leaving all this behind.


The pampas grass is looking splendid
Paul is different.  He cannot relax.  He is eager to move on and start his new life in Lincolnshire.  He has packed and re-packed several times, trying to work out the best way to get all our worldly goods into an estate car and trailer.  He is currently struggling to remove the pedals from our bicycles for a more streamlined fit.  He is desperate to shut this house up and start the journey back to the UK.  He is on edge and finding these last days here difficult and uncomfortable.  

Autumn crocuses

Our climbing rose blooms all summer.  We must remember to take a cutting back to England

Grapes ripening in the sunshine
  
We have lived the dream.  All too soon this will be just a distant memory. 

'don't forget to pack my favourite ball'


24 comments:

  1. Once a decision is made to move on to something different I like to do it immediately. I would be like Paul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can't leave until next weekend so I'm just trying to make the most of it. The sunshine helps!

      Delete
    2. I'm exactly the same as Rachel and Paul on this...when I reach a decision I can't stand waiting around. I want to get on with things immediately.

      Enjoy your last few moments at the old place, but know that good things are on the horizon!

      Delete
    3. Thanks Jennifer. I'm a whole mix of emotions at the moment.

      Delete
  2. I'm more like your husband, once I know the move is coming I want to get on with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waiting is always hard. Paul is always super organised but he is a bit ahead of himself!

      Delete
  3. I guess there will be tears on your departure but long before the Channel crossing all three of you will be on your new adventure with no regrets. Very Good Luck to you. You won't have to remember wether it is Bon or Bonne Chance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite a few tears I think. It's all been a bit sudden.

      Delete
  4. It must be so very sad and difficult leaving a house that you have loved so much. I would shed a lot of tears. I hope the move to your new home goes very smoothly and look forward to the posts from Lincolnshire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheryl. We have a new adventure ahead of us.

      Delete
  5. It's going to be up to 30 C again this week, and we're still swimming. Any news of what the weather's like in Lincs? How can you bare to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Top temperature of 23 C and cloudy in Lincs today. T'aint easy leaving all this behind.

      Delete
  6. Depending on where you will be located, the Wolds will either expose you to, or shelter you from, a lot of 'weather', but the good news is that no matter what the weather does, the Wolds are always beautiful.

    ...just make sure you invest in good wellies and waterproofs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're making me nervous now.

      Delete
    2. Lincolnshire is regularly the coldest spot in Britain when the winds come from Siberia although you are probably far enough inland to avoid the worst of the sharp cold air.

      Delete
    3. Don't be nervous - we rarely experience the extremes of weather.

      Delete
    4. It's okay, those cold winds will help with my hot flushes.

      Delete
    5. Yes, that's the spirit Sue. I wasn't talking about extremes.

      Delete
  7. It seems that you always know how to make good wherever you are and it seems to me that this will be the case wherever you are in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will try our best to make a nice home and enjoy our new surroundings.

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think this waiting time is called a hiatus or is that part of the human anatomy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time can pass very slowly when you are waiting for something to happen.

      Delete