18 June 2018

You Have One Telepathic Message


This morning I was brushing my teeth in the bathroom when I suddenly had the idea that I would go for a quick cycle ride while Paul and Rick were out for their early walk.  I squeezed into my lycra, grabbed my helmet and headed outside.  I met Paul and Rick in the courtyard back from their walk.

“Oh, you got my ‘phone and text messages then?” said Paul
“Nope.”
“I called you and left a message to say that we could go for a bike ride when I got home.”
“Sorry, I was upstairs so didn’t hear my ‘phone.  But hey, I’m ready anyway!”

So instead of my short, leisurely ride to the goose farm we went at a brisk pace through the Bois de l’Homme and back.  It was a pleasant ride, not much wildlife about but I did see a hare and a giant parasol mushroom.  Not together.

Paul always keeps a record of our rides and it was rewarding to see that our timings were much the same as last year.  Clearly all this dog walking is keeping us reasonably fit.  Rick gave us a very reproachful look when we got home, he doesn’t like being left behind.




16 comments:

  1. Would Rick like one of those trailer/pram things for dogs? Bit bumpy if you are going off piste, but our friend's little dog loves it. It might give Paul a handicap if it were on the back of his bike!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He would jump straight out of it as soon as he saw another car or bike. It's a shame because I would love to take him with us.

      Delete
  2. I often miss calls and texts too, for the same reason as you. Sorry you didn't get quite the ride you were hoping for. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get told off for not taking my phone everywhere with me.

      Delete
  3. Rick does look like he is giving you a bad look. You also managed to get a good photo of that expression at the right time too - it's a very good photo Sue!
    Greetings Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is nothing quite so guilt-making as a reproachful look from one's dog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Strange,because I left you a comment about getting going cycling again yesterday and then deleted it! Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't you get a basket for the front of your bike so that Rick can ride with you? He will need his own cycling helmet or perhaps one of those old leather pilot's hats with goggles. Chocks away Rick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And a parachute for when he jumps out of the basket to chase a car.

      Delete
  7. We saw two Hares and a Rabbit yesterday. They seem to be very bold all of a sudden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We used to get a lot of rabbits in the garden but haven't seen any here for years, I think Philippe may have shot them all.

      Delete
  8. Poor Rick - Inca can sympathise.
    Now the weather is much hotter here, I've been leaving her at home when I've gone out during the day. She still gets early morning and evening walks, but I get the cold shoulder if I leave her at any other time. She really does a very good hurt expression and her whole body quivers with indignation for hours after I come home. Not even treats will make her forgive me !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really don't like being left behind do they?

      Delete